Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Newby vaping journey - CE$ to KFL+

Newby vaping journey - CE$ to KFL+

As a a smoker i didn't have a lot of expectations for vaping, what I wanted was something to help me reduce the amount I smoked (30-40 rollies a day). What I ended up with is something that got me off the smokes altogether.

I was lucky in that early on I found a couple of juices that I loved, the following is based on one of those the juice.

i started on a couple of ego batteries with some ce4 clearo's, they were alright, got me off the smokes so a major winner, looking back it was ok but I eventually wanted to get more flavour and a little less harsh vape (purely subjective, at the time they were fine).

I tried a couple other clearo's/carto combo's but found my next win being viva nova's and evods on a zmax and svd. That step was an eye opener for flavour and general vapor happiness. Big jump in flavour from the same juices and with the evod in particular I found a lot more vapor which was strangely satisfying in it's own right.

I then got a RSST a couple weeks ago and have been playing with that and eventually got it right (2.4 ohm build) because it was the same *wow* moment I had going from ce4's to evods. This was/is juice hungry and anything below half full meant chain vaping was out due to the amount of dry hits.

The next eye opener was the aspire bdc, vivi nova style, an upgrade for sure but just an upgrade not the huge jump in performance that I saw before, enough of an upgrade to be a change in what I recommend to people I introduce to vaping. Worth it for sure but not a massive jump.

Today I received an IGO-L, in two builds I had something that was another wow moment (1.6 ohm coil with ekowool at 7.5 watts), the flavour was more pronounced and there was good vapor clouds. Tried a few new juices, was impressed, but decided to attack my next challenge.

The IGO-L was a practice run for the other device I'd received today, a Kayfun Lite Plus.

To keep it family friendly, OH MY GOODNESS, GOLLY GOSH!!!!! I ended up with 2.4 ohms and at 10 watts the KFL+ absolutely rocks, I built it similar to http://i.imgur.com/vNmoo3F.jpg?1 and the vaping experience is mind blowing.

It's a lot more expensive than a CE4, it's a lot more work to get it right, but there is no way I'm going back from this.

It really is that good
    Robray, margyb, 308hjute and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator
    most of that went right over my head but very glad that u hitting tha spot
    Donna likes this.

AVF Regular
    I saw a video today of T7x setting up a kayfun with a micro coil. He had it packed like a carto. Made me want to try out the kayfun again. Would be worth checking out the vid. It is here in the forums somewhere I just cant remember where lol.

Now 'tis a gurgly mess, interesting

Oh just noticed CE$ should've been CE4

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Interesting. Still waiting igo w, kraken

and KFL+ still at "processing" after 11 days at Kayfun Lite 3.1 6.0ml Rebuildable Adjustable Airflow Changeable Heating Coil Vacuum Atomizer
    At least I think it's the KFL+
    Where did you get yours?

]6⁹.12[

Gurgling is most likely an issue with your wick not the device.

http://www.meshweaver.com/temp/vapin...SER_MANUAL.pdf

That is for the full version which I believe is similar to the KFL+ as the only real change is adjustable airflow.
    sushiaddiction likes this.

Sushi, I got mine from Cloud9. 10 days delivery on the cheapest shipping option which I thought was pretty good.

Thanks Pueronline, I thought it might have been the wicks so just stripped it down and trimmed a couple mm off, liking the double loop wick as it makes adjusting easy. Sometimes getting two bubbles, sometimes on bubble, might have a bit more tweaking but still a marvelous vape.

I think it might need an o-ring in between the chimney bit and the cylinder it screws into but will see how it goes through this tank.

Cheers

My best advice is move to cotton with a micro coil. Theses are so easy to rebuild with cotton balls. You don't state which mod you are using but I assume it has an ohm meter as you talk in watts.

As for the bubble. You might have the wik still a bit long. You want it to just sit on the bottom of the deck. It doesn't have to make too much contact at all. If mine blocks up I cover up the air hole and take a couple of tokes. Don't do it to hard it should force some air into the evaporation chamber and clear up any blockages.
    Mark B and Apoc like this.

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Thanks Apoc, too expensive for me but very good to know the kayfun works well. I can see me going through the same as I get new stuff. I'm a little more excited to vape with new gear after reading your post

]6⁹.12[

AVF Regular
    When I read your story Apoc I thought you were telling the story of my vaping experience. The only difference was the hardwear being used. I am pretty sure there are many out there progressing like us into the vaping world.
    I wasn't going to go past the evods,CE4's and alike but when I had a taste of my mates carto I was gone and started on a progression as most do.
    To all of you sticking to the evods,etc please give carto's, RBA's and Genesis atomisers a go and I swear you won't look back. It will be more of a case of looking forward to find vaping nirvana.

P.S. If you are only vaping to get rid of the smokes then don't attempt this as I am finding myself in a new addiction.:0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast