Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: First RBA coil freaking perfect :)

First RBA coil freaking perfect :)

Made my first ss mesh, silica core, hybrid wick, and coil today, for the Arashi RBA that Richo so kindly sent me. Well, its perfect, 1.7 ohms, no hot spots, and vaping like a champion on my Vamo right now, with some Gingerbread Brulee. Vamo likes 1.7, so didn't go any lower, and probably wont until I get my mech mod from VK. The taste is amazing, and I'm looking forward to trying a few more flavours.

Before I start to chain vape just want to say thanks for all the help from forum members, much appreciated Special thank you to Olfella and Richo, you guys ROCK!!
    Noe, margyb, Crisscross and 5 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    mmmmmmmmmmm gingerbread brulee sounds yummy.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    when u get ur mech mod, aim for 1.0-1.2ohms. You might get dry hits at fully charged battery depending on how fast your wick can wick, but other then that, just take quick 3 sec vapes before the dry hit kicks in and you should be fine. If you are able to make a perfect wick, then you shouldnt have trouble with it. The more you practice with ss mesh wicks, the easier it gets.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke916 View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmm gingerbread brulee sounds yummy.
    It IS yummy! I have my own little private stash.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Good job on the coil spud. Although there was no doubt in my mind that you'd be good at it.
    spud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by urecia View Post
    when u get ur mech mod, aim for 1.0-1.2ohms. You might get dry hits at fully charged battery depending on how fast your wick can wick, but other then that, just take quick 3 sec vapes before the dry hit kicks in and you should be fine. If you are able to make a perfect wick, then you shouldnt have trouble with it. The more you practice with ss mesh wicks, the easier it gets.
    Thanks Urecia, I did the quick vapes before I fired up the coil, with the pressure change it seems to pull the liquid into the mesh. I used 500 mesh this time, but will be trying 400 and 325 in my next wicks. Didn't get any dry hits this time, and I think the silica core helps there, (thanks Olfella). I also was a rollie smoker, and the mesh rolling is a very similar action. I have some Iatty's coming from FT, and will have a bit more of a play with them when they arrive, and I'm going to get an RSST and a taifun, when funds allow. It definitely helps to practice, practise, practise, good advice
    Gresh11 likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Good job on the coil spud. Although there was no doubt in my mind that you'd be good at it.
    Thanks Jen, but I had a lot of great help I love messing around with this stuff, so its fun as well
    Gresh11 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Good poo, spud. Good poo!!! Rbas are great fun. You will tweak it until its just right and then your tastes will change!!! If you ever nail it, give me the recipe!!!
    JenJ and spud like this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Good to hear mate, the Arashi never seemed to take off but it was a good littler learner for me, just remember," down this path,be shiny things", glad it went to a good home.
    Noe, Gresh11 and spud like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    Good to hear mate, the Arashi never seemed to take off but it was a good littler learner for me, just remember," down this path,be shiny things", glad it went to a good home.
    Arashi and Vamo are getting along very well, but I know they sense the shiney things in the distance
    Noe and RichoVonBlack like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast