• 3 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By unik
  • 2 Post By Duke916
  • 1 Post By ssstahly
  • 2 Post By ssstahly

Thread: Romuluz by Team Hotwire - hybrid

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

Romuluz by Team Hotwire - hybrid

Thought we should have a discussion thread here for the Romuluz, so we can share ideas, tips & tricks for it etc.

I received mine 3 days ago in the Group Buy that Unik ran, numbered CCCVI (yes serial numbers on the Romuluz are Roman Numerals) Unik packaged these very well, when I got it I could see that barring a truck running over the package that it wan't going to have any damage lol.
    I have posted my thoughts already in the GB thread, so I will just quote myself below

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Arrived today mate TY!

You weren't joking about that bubble wrap!

You could use that stuff as a pillow! LOL

Haven't had time to set it up yet but the Build quality is superb, I really like the recessed button too, it is not uncomfortable to use at all.

Just one small problem I'm having is getting the hybrid base out of the tube...
    Got the Hybrid connection out of the tube after putting it in the freezer for 5mins & using a tea towel to grip, then it unscrewed.

Set mine up with SS rope wick with a SS mesh wrap under the 28g Kanthal 4/4 wrapped coil(yes you read that right4/4 wrap, it's actually 4/4.2 which is possible because of the placement of the neg & pos poles) coming out at 1ohm.
    This is the 1st tank through it so flavor is a bit off at present but the fog is MASSIVE!!!
    I have just one air hole opened, just under 1/2 way & this is hitting harder than superman flinging you into a brick wall!
    I think I have finally found a device I will need to drop my nic strength down from 24mg/ml with LOL

Flavor isn't really great, as mentioned, right now but I am still experimenting & trying to get it working to its optimum, however fog production is off the scale & I am only using a single coil!
    Can hardly imagine how much fog would be coming through if I had this set up with dual wicks...
    Really happy I bought this, I won't be risking taking it anywhere it could be "lost", this is my at home(or somewhere safe) mod now, everything else will be relegated to out & about mods LOL
    Thanks for the GB again Unik, hope you get yours sorted mate
    Man I am loving this thing more & more!!!
    The wick & coil seem to be bedded in properly now & the flavor & fog is fantastic!

Wanted to change from Noe's Bewdy to [b/ Prophet's Delight[/b] on my Romuluz today & with a spare tank it was sooooooo easy!
    Just unscrewed the atty section slipped out the tank with Bewdy in it, slipped on a tank with Prophet's in it, screwed the tank cap onto the Bewdy(tipped upside down & no leaks! ), then screwed the atty head back on & vaped away!
    TOO EASY!!!
    So now I have a tank of Bewdy & a tank of Prophet's & changing between them takes all of about 1 minute. I didn't worry about the little bit of Bewdy left in the wick when I changed over, just vaped through & could only taste a mixed juice combo for about 2 or 3 puffs.
    I have 1 more spare tank(should have got more lol), so I can have 3 flavors to change between whenever I like, this is great, when I want to change flavors I have choices & don't need to use a syringe to empty a tank = winning!

The flavor I am getting through this with Prophet's Delight is the best Prophet's has ever tasted for me, which may be because it has been sitting there for a few weeks steeping but I think the Romuluz is playing its part too.
    The hit off this thing is awesome & with the air flow control it means you can dial in for the best flavor for each particular juice.
    The flavor I am getting is better than that I was getting off of my Igo-L dripper or any other RBA I have (Fogger, Magoo, KFL clone, AGA-T, RSST & others), it is really clean tasting with SS rope wick & a 1ohm coil.
    As you can read, I am really happy with this device, the only downside with it is - I don't have enough spare tanks LOL
    I'd be quite happy to use this device alone & just have spare tanks to switch out flavors but I am glad I have cheaper devices to take with me when out & about, I'd hate to lose this one
    Three days is not a lot of time to experiment with a device, especially when I had Aspires arrive at the same time & I wanted to test them out properly first.
    In all I have probably used the Romuluz for less than a full day of vaping & I have only ran 1 full tank through it but I know when I needed a nic hit it was the first thing I picked up, 24mg/ml is a massive hit using the Romuluz.
    Driesy77, unik and DEATHGUYJ like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Awesome to read how much you like it

I haven't used mine yet haha waiting to hear back regarding replacement parts, want to forget about the duty paid, other things arriving and not having time.

Will be bringing in a few more for friends so I'll grab extra tanks, have only have 2 left for myself after accidentally sending genoxy one too many (not enough sleep ).

I'll try to write some of my thoughts once I have a go with it.
    Last edited by unik; 23-11-13 at 11:11 PM.
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    Its a good feeling when you find that device, that works the best for you. Dunno why but I still have found nothing that works as well as a dripper for me.

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by unik View Post
    Awesome to read how much you like it

I haven't used mine yet haha waiting to hear back regarding replacement parts, want to forget about the duty paid, other things arriving and not having time.

I'll be bringing in a few more for friends so I'll grab extra tanks, I have only have 2 left for myself after accidentally sending genoxy an one too many (not enough sleep ).

I'll try to write some of my thoughts once I have a go with it.
    You shoulda sent me an extra tank instead LOL
    Really hope they get back to you & sort out their screw up, you pay enough for a device like these not to have scratches on any of the parts when you receive them!
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

I've posted in the spark thread a question Noe has answered here. I'm running my spark the same as Noe and loving it..but I'm bored and want to play so am going to try ceramic. If that's no good I will try ss mesh. Don't think mesh will work as well as rope tho without a breather hole. Il read thru the original Romuluz thread first(been saying it for days..I know) to see what the other guys think.

Noe
    It has a breather hole running through the delrin "plug", at least mine does, so it should wick fine.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    I have been running mine on a single ss mesh at 1ohm vapes really well. Got some rope coming from soth , eager to try that out.
    Driesy77 and unik like this.

AVF Regular
    Received mine yesterday. Straight out of the box you notice the machine quality. Threads are really smooth and you can hardly notice the extension tubes.
    Didn't have much time to play around with it so far, attempted a quick dual coil but ran out of time so made a 1.2 ohm ss rope. Flavor was the first thing I noticed. Really rich and clean! Reduced chamber is a big winner.
    Will post some pics if I can get a clean looking dual coil going.
    unik likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Had a little extra time today so made dual coils. 1.4Ohms total. After all the contact / micro coils I've been doing for the last few months I half forgot how to do this.
    Driesy77 and unik like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys