Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Crazy Cotton Wick Idea....

Crazy Cotton Wick Idea....

Hey,

I was browsing around for organic cotton wick and came across the below...

Most tampons, pads and panty liners are made of synthetic fibres treated with absorbent polymers derived from crude oil. In addition most tampons and pads are chlorine-bleached, which creates a dangerous by-product called dioxin. In intimate contact with the skin, toxins from these chemical by-products can be absorbed over time. Organyc uses only 100% organic cotton from renewable and sustainable sources. Organyc tampons are bleached with a naturally-occurring disinfectant, are hypoallergenic, pH neutral and fully biodegradable. All Organic packaging is made of recyclable cardboard and both wrap and backing are made from corn starch.
    Why organic cotton? It is nature's most absorbent fibre and ensures protection against leaks, being able to hold more than twenty times its weight in liquid. It is naturally breathable and provides incredible comfort, and is well tolerated by women who have sensitive skin.

100% organic cotton.

Maybe I could sort of split them down into wicks. ha. Don't know might work. Or I could make one big super tampon wick. Arrr crack me up. I'm doin it! Ow, forgot to add they are out of the small size, so, will have to go jumbo!

AVF Regular
    The idea of vaping with a jam-rag is kinda repulsive yet strangely fascinating too. I will give it a go and let you know how I get on
    Toddosh, T7x and maggie like this.

AVF Regular
    I admit to doing some research on this a little while ago... I got about this far...

After doing a bit of research, it turns out that tampons are made of cotton, rayon or a combination of the two. We know about cotton as a wicking material, but I'm wondering if the weave or grade used in tampons is significantly different to that used in common cotton balls?

Rayon's an interesting one. Apparently it's a man made fibre that consists almost purely of cellulose. It has higher absorbency than cotton, with a similar ignition temperature. Even if burnt, it only emits carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.

AVF Regular
    Buy some organic cotton balls. $3-$6 depending on where you get them. Cheaper and less of a dance with silliness.
    gtadmin, JenJ, Melbournite and 1 others like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    i feel like an oddball when i have to buy tampons for the missus and i just pick the ones she wants, would feel even more odd browsing the selection, picking up various ones and looking to see whats made of what.
    margyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke916 View Post
    The idea of vaping with a jam-rag is kinda repulsive yet strangely fascinating too. I will give it a go and let you know how I get on
    Gonna keep them in yer purse under yer sporran then Duke?

sorry OT
    Noe, gtadmin, avtek and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I wish I had one but......I just don't have a comeback for that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Gonna keep them in yer purse under yer sporran then Duke?

sorry OT

AVF Regular
    I'm just looking at this now, cotton balls not pads for wicking any suggestions about some easily sourced ones I was in woollies today and all they had were home brand and they didn't say if they were bleached or not or anything actually so I didn't want to get them.

I couldn't find any in stock, so what I did was I went to the body shop, bought their organic cotton rounds (for makeup removal) and just boiled them as I think they were bleached because they are very white

Addy

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    I seriously almost bought some organic pure cotton tampons. Nothing like looking at what brand to buy when you are a guy in the middle of the chemist. I'd prefer organic string... maybe that part is organic too. Two birds with one stone
    A tampon would be heaps of cotton too. Who cares, it's organic cotton. They could sell it in the shape of dog poo or a penis and I'd still buy it.

If you ever have an idea for cotton stuff, please add it to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...GKg/edit?pli=1

]6⁹.12[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast