Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: tank style rba to suit a dripper? advice please?

Question tank style rba to suit a dripper? advice please?

Ok I give in I have a few dripping atties now.. mostly clones but still pretty good.. and I can even double coil now.. and am about to learn about drilling so thats ok .. but I like dripping because of the flavour.. I need/ want it strong .. on the other side of things I am hearing about kayfuns and russians and others and i hear .. great throat hit etc.. but for me I need flavour.. dont like cartos so doubt i will go carto tank rout...

Is there a tank style rba that holds juice and keeps a strong flavour.. what should I be looking at? All the names so far are just doing my head in.. nearly bought a fogger then changed my mind, nearly bought akraken then changed my mind...

can someone please provide reccomendations? It would be appreciated

Super Moderator
    Before you get inundated with recommendations for RBAs, mine would be: stick with drippers
    oogy, darkhorsefkn and Toddosh like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    To me the kracken is one of the best rbas out on the market now. That's if u know ur way around mesh/ss wire builds, as dual mesh builds will be a little harder to setup. Can't go wrong with the afc and dual coil capability. There are others out there similar like the gamma tank, prometheus and others.
    Driesy77 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oogy View Post
    Ok I give in I have a few dripping atties now.. mostly clones but still pretty good.. and I can even double coil now.. and am about to learn about drilling so thats ok .. but I like dripping because of the flavour.. I need/ want it strong .. on the other side of things I am hearing about kayfuns and russians and others and i hear .. great throat hit etc.. but for me I need flavour.. dont like cartos so doubt i will go carto tank rout...

Is there a tank style rba that holds juice and keeps a strong flavour.. what should I be looking at? All the names so far are just doing my head in.. nearly bought a fogger then changed my mind, nearly bought akraken then changed my mind...

can someone please provide reccomendations? It would be appreciated
    Well, since no one who knows more that me is ever going to start an RBA FAQ, my newbie brain says...

First you have the genisis style atty, RSST, AGA T2, Pulse, Kraken etc. Traditionally uses steel wicks (wire or mesh), but you can put any wick on them. Coil is at the very top, like a dripper with a tank underneath, so good vapor and flavour. But like an over full dripper, they are going to leak unless kept upright. Not very portable running around, but good for home/desk/car.

Then you have the bottom coil RBAs (kayfun, taifun, fogger and more). Bottom coil, so flavour is like a bottom coil. EG comparing a dripper (equivalent in a RBA would be a genisis style) to a protank (equivalent in RBA would be one of these like a fogger or KF). Easier to build and keep right and won't leak if upside down, unlike a genisis style, can use cotton or silica. If you don't like BCC you might not like these, but of course being an RBA you can make anything work and get anything how you best like it.

Then you have the top coil silica attys, these are like comparing a protank to an iclear. If a kayfun is a protank, these are the iclears with their dual coils and coils on the top.
    Ithaka, magoo. These are different beast also as they have juice control (turn the drip tip to close the coil off to prevent liquid flooding the coil if you think it's flooding, something no other atty style has. Complete air and juice control to fiddle with). Because of top coil they require non resistance wire and joining them to the coil wire, premade welded wires can be bought, ready to wrap, cheaply from fasttech though.
    oogy, avtek and justdanno like this.

Thankyou this has cleared things up a little.. since I prefer a warm to hot vape I will avoid your middle group and aim for one each of your first and third groups .. I really appreciate your answer and effort . Thankyou makes life simpler ...

Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    Well, since no one who knows more that me is ever going to start an RBA FAQ, my newbie brain says...

First you have the genisis style atty, RSST, AGA T2, Pulse, Kraken etc. Traditionally uses steel wicks (wire or mesh), but you can put any wick on them. Coil is at the very top, like a dripper with a tank underneath, so good vapor and flavour. But like an over full dripper, they are going to leak unless kept upright. Not very portable running around, but good for home/desk/car.

Then you have the bottom coil RBAs (kayfun, taifun, fogger and more). Bottom coil, so flavour is like a bottom coil. EG comparing a dripper (equivalent in a RBA would be a genisis style) to a protank (equivalent in RBA would be one of these like a fogger or KF). Easier to build and keep right and won't leak if upside down, unlike a genisis style, can use cotton or silica. If you don't like BCC you might not like these, but of course being an RBA you can make anything work and get anything how you best like it.

Then you have the top coil silica attys, these are like comparing a protank to an iclear. If a kayfun is a protank, these are the iclears with their dual coils and coils on the top.
    Ithaka, magoo. These are different beast also as they have juice control (turn the drip tip to close the coil off to prevent liquid flooding the coil if you think it's flooding, something no other atty style has. Complete air and juice control to fiddle with). Because of top coil they require non resistance wire and joining them to the coil wire, premade welded wires can be bought, ready to wrap, cheaply from fasttech though.

AVF Regular
    I haven't found anything I like as much as a dripper yet, but I found this interesting.
    oogy and Driesy77 like this.

I've just started with RBAs and made my first hybrid mesh and coil on the weekend, and I gotta say the flavour is as good as a dripper. I also like a warm vape, and not too airy, so I didn't drill out the air hole, (which is pretty small), on the RBA I was given.

I have ordered a couple of cheapies from FT, which actually arrived today, (but I missed the post so can't pick up till tomorrow), to practice on, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something I may completely pineapple up. I ordered a really simple genesis style, called the I-Atty, simple to set up, but good enough to get a decent vape out of. When I've mastered the wick and coil making, I'll look for better quality gear. I will look at RSST, taifun, and the pulse, for the future buys.

I'm really impressed with the quality of vape from the RBA, but will be using these at home, and still using my ego/evod setup for when I'm at work or out and about

I love the fact that when I need a new wick or coil, I can just make one, as well as the amount of juice these atty's hold, and the excellent flavour of the vape from these little rippers
    oogy likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Lol at $200 a piece or $155 on the forums dont let anyone ever tell you you have bad taste.. this really is pretty.. but for money like that on one atomizer it will have to wait till after my planned spending

Quote Originally Posted by Duke916 View Post
    I haven't found anything I like as much as a dripper yet, but I found this interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by oogy View Post
    Lol at $200 a piece or $155 on the forums dont let anyone ever tell you you have bad taste.. this really is pretty.. but for money like that on one atomizer it will have to wait till after my planned spending
    lol at that price it will have to wait until I win lotto
    oogy likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

How about running a genesis style atomizer in what has been dubbed "auto dripper" mode. you basically build the top deck like you would a dripper with cotton, feed some of that cotton down the wick hole and if you feel the cotton is getting dry give it a tilt and ur all good to go. So u would basically have a dripper that you don't have to drip.

edit: Todd explains it up there lol
    oogy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast