Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By gtadmin
  • 1 Post By Michael-Mikey-Mike
  • 3 Post By Apoc
  • 1 Post By gtadmin

Thread: Dripper state

Dripper state

Having now experienced what a burnt cotton wick tastes like, unpleasant doesn't begin to describe it, how do you keep a track of your dripper level?

I seem to struggle with this and end up with a supersaturated wick that takes ages to heat up or just the wrong side of enough to make me quickly reach for the menthol to get the taste of death out of my mouth.

Is it just an experience thing or are there some tips I'm just not figuring out on my own?

Cheers
    Last edited by Apoc; 27-11-13 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Title should read Dripper.......

Super Moderator
    Fixed ...

Sounds like you have too much cotton in there, or too tightly packed. When mine get low on juice, you do get a dry hit but it is very gentle ... enough of a reminder to put another 4 drops in anyway.
    Apoc likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    i find when the wick starts to get a little dry, there will be a delay in fireing off when you let go of the fire switch (using a micro of course)

Like in my Reo, i will press button vape, let go, and the sizzle will stop straight away, still got plenty of juice. When it starts to get dry, i will press the button, vape, let go and the sizzle trails off for like a second. I know then to feed it some more. That is in my experience using micro coils and cotton exclusively for the last few months.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    and GT is right, do not pack the cotton wick to tight! make sure it is a really loose wick. I used to pack it int here. now i literally have it really airy and fluffy and just pull it through, there should be almost no resistance in it. Like someone told me before, less is more.
    Apoc likes this.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Fixed ...

Sounds like you have too much cotton in there, or too tightly packed. When mine get low on juice, you do get a dry hit but it is very gentle ... enough of a reminder to put another 4 drops in anyway.
    Thank you

Still learning with cotton, my try a bit less wick as I did have to roll it a couple times to get it to fit into the coil.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Michael-Mikey-Mike View Post
    and GT is right, do not pack the cotton wick to tight! make sure it is a really loose wick. I used to pack it int here. now i literally have it really airy and fluffy and just pull it through, there should be almost no resistance in it. Like someone told me before, less is more.
    Cheers for that, sounds like the complete opposite to what I did. I'll try again with it fluffier and see how I go.

Thank you both, absolutely spot on!!!

Ended up using about a quarter of the cotton that I have been using, surprising how little is really needed to hold a fair bit of juice.

No popping and a nice clean flavour. Vaped it until I got, in comparison, a very subdued dry hit taste which honestly isn't anywhere nearly as offensive, dripped in some more juice and happy days again.

Big thank you

Super Moderator
    That's what we're here for
    margyb likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    No worries! glad we could help