Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New to vaping - any help welcomed :)

New to vaping - any help welcomed :)

Hey guys and gals,

So i picked an ego c up from vegas when i was over there a few months back and now im wanting something a little more advanced.

i still dont 100% understand the workings of a vaping unit but i want to see what other options there are.

can anyone help out?

thank you

Goz
    Your options are many and various, brace yourself it's a steep learning curve and if you really like shiny things your bank balance is going to take a pummelling

Your next step is probably to look at a Vamo or Sigeli Zmax and these will both serve you well and will fire anything 1.3 Ohms and higher.
    As for what to put on top of your device the Aspire BDC range are getting good reviews, if you want to look at rebuildables an IGO-L and some Kanthal wire and some wick and or cotton wool would serve you well as a first step. Between all the retailers here in Australia you will have plenty of choice, I highly recommend Vape King, Mad Vapes and Juice Whore all give very good service.

You won't be short on help and advice here there is a wealth of knowledge and experience between all the members of Aussie Vapers, so don't be afraid to ask questions as we have all been there before and it takes a while to take it but it is well worth the journey.
    Last edited by Goz; 28-11-13 at 10:34 AM.
    spud and maggie like this.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Ive seen some videos about the Vamo, is it really as good as they say? haha yeah I learnt that fairly early, it isnt cheap to stay up to date with everything on going - but worth it!

What about tanks? Im rocking a kangor protank 2 at the moment, is there anything else I should be trying?

AVF Regular
    Welcome to the forums watto, there is a lot of info to absorb when starting out, one of the things I found most helpful was heading along to a vape meeting and getting to have a look at the toys. Not sure where you are located but there are a bunch of meets about to happen so the timing could be perfect for you.

AVF Regular
    Welcome mate!

A thousand different opinions will be thrown at you, so I would say keep it simple for now.
    Vamo
    Protank 2
    Batteries
    Charger

If you have the funds
    Igo-l
    Kanthal wire
    Silica wick

While your enjoying the vamo and protank, you can play around with rebuilding the igo-l and learn more about vaping
    Remember vaping is very subjective, what works for one person may not work for the next.
    spud likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Goz
    There is a new version of the Vamo (V5 I think) which has an OLED display and seems to use the same chip as most of the other Chinese Variable Voltage/Wattage Mods on the market.
    I don't own a Vamo so I can't say from personal experience but alot of members on AV seem to like them, I have a Sigeli Zmax Telescope as my out and about mod and it's pretty good for the money only real difference between it and the V5 Vamo seems to be the Sigeli uses a single button to navigate the menus. Most of the Chinese mods I have had have usually been put aside because the button gets a bit flakey after a year or so.

As for tanks I got a Protank 2 to try a while back after seeing everyone raving about them the build was good but the 2 coils that came with had a burnt rubber taste which cased me to toss it in the basket of tried and didn't like it tanks, I suspect that the wire was burning the rubber insulator. The Aspire BDC Tanks are a similar set-up but run dual coils and have no resistance tails on the coils so that should fix the burning rubber issue.

If you haven't found it already check out Phil Busardos Youtube channel heaps of good reviews and information.

Here is the Aspire Video

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

wow, thanks guys! really helpful!

when is the next vape meeting?? I am located in Sydney City.

I cant wait to get my hands on more gear!

I was thinking about buying the iTaste MVP - your thoughts?

AVF Regular

ah i live in alexandria! excellent!! ill be there! how often are they held? thank you so much for your help

AVF Regular
    We have them every 4-6 weeks maybe...always good fun.

And I would def get the itaste mvp, that's what I use now seeing as I am too lazy with rebuildables etc lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast