Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: KTS help

AVF Regular

Question KTS help

Hi guys,
    I just got a KTS mod and i found that even with a fresh AW battery and a new coil in the protank it seems it hits pretty weak. Is this a conectivity issue? Is there something i can do to improve the hits. I know its not the battery or tank and the juice is deadly sin which gives me clouds usually. Is it just a weak hitting mod or can i improve it? Im comparing it the what im used to on the Provari so i dont know if thats a fair comparrison but i think it should be hitting a little harder. Im getting a sore jaw from trying to get more vapour out of it lol! Any suggestions would be appreciated

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Hi guys,
    I just got a KTS mod and i found that even with a fresh AW battery and a new coil in the protank it seems it hits pretty weak. Is this a conectivity issue? Is there something i can do to improve the hits. I know its not the battery or tank and the juice is deadly sin which gives me clouds usually. Is it just a weak hitting mod or can i improve it? Im comparing it the what im used to on the Provari so i dont know if thats a fair comparrison but i think it should be hitting a little harder. Im getting a sore jaw from trying to get more vapour out of it lol! Any suggestions would be appreciated
    What volts were you running the provari at? And what ohm coil are you using?
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ssstahly View Post
    What volts were you running the provari at? And what ohm coil are you using?
    2.2ohm coil. The provari is usually on 3.5-3.7v for the same ohm coil usually. Do you think i need to use a kick? I shouldnt really imo.

AVF Regular
    It should hit a little harder is you give the chrome plated contacts a light sand.
    If that doesn't seem to do much, I would give some 1.8ohm coils a go.

Personally, the provari is a much better mod and especially when using with clearomizers.
    I would leave the protank ontop of that and leave the kts for when you move to RBA/RDA's and run coils under 1.3 ohm.

AVF Regular
    It should hit a little harder is you give the chrome plated contacts a light sand.

Personally, the provari is a much better mod and especially when using with clearomizers.
    I would leave the protank ontop of that and leave the kts for when you move to RBA/RDA's and run coils under 1.3 ohm.
    So, with mechs i should run lower ohms? I thought a fresh battery should still hit it pretty good though. So if i do a protank coil low ohm build, that should do the trick? Does a kick solve this problem? Allowing me to run higher ohm coils?

Yeah as he said. You're not really using the mech mod for what it is designed to do. I wouldn't be using any type of clearo on a mech mod unless you have rebuilt a low ohm coil yourself.

AVF Regular
    okay, so you guys recommend 1.3?

Anything 1.5 and below should be okay. 1.2 is a good resistance that will keep an imr battery within safe parameters.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Singo View Post
    Anything 1.5 and below should be okay. 1.2 is a good resistance that will keep an imr battery within safe parameters.
    wow! Just tried it with a 1.8ohm atty and it blows clouds! But its a really hot vape. Do you guys usually vape that hot?

AVF Regular
    With a provari, you set the volts to what suits.
    With a mech mod, as it uses direct battery power, you use ohms to vary the power.
    A mech mod with a 1.2 ohm coil and a mech mod with a 2.2 ohm coil will vape totally different.
    Stick with the provari for now and spend some time on YouTube / here looking at how to rebuild a protank coil, then your mech mod will be useful
    bikam0wz likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast