Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Thinking of upgrading? Do it.

Thinking of upgrading? Do it.

'Evening!

I guess I'm preaching to the converted, so to speak, but I would like to pass on an experience.

I'm new to vaping. I bought an iTaste V3 with some 1Clear 16 clearos and thought it was the bees knees. The flavour and throat hit are so pleasing. Reduced cost, probable improved health, returned sense of taste and smell, better vitality, etc - all those good things about kicking the stinkies adds even more to making the decision.

I received a Trident clone dripper (dripping atomiser) from a very kind person in this forum. I assumed it didn't have a wick and wasn't ready to rock when I received it. Having more time, I took a closer look this evening and it had a nice dual coil set-up in it already. A quick check showed 2.3 ohms - and that's OK to use on my batt. A quick clean later (disassemble; pressure cooker 'autoclave' the metal parts; re-assemble), I screwed it in to my iTaste and all I can say is WOW!

After a bit of fiddling with the air hole alignment to get a tighter draw, the flavour was incredible, and that's just using low cost Dekang 'medium' (11 mg?) juice! Throat hit? Potent! Going back to the iClear 16 is a bitter disappointment - it's less than half as flavoursome and SFA TH by comparison.

I didn't believe the hype from the various YouTube reviewers about the various atomisers. They all say how good various things are. I kinda guessed they were kissing arse because they received review units for free. After all, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true. This is true and it's amazing.

On the downside, it ate the 800 mah battery in the iTaste owing to much longer draws - it's just so tasty. If you choose this path, it's probably a good idea to consider an 18650 mode mech or 18650 mode VV/VW device, or similar.

So, if you're thinking about upgrading to a dripping atomiser, as a n00b who has now been converted, I can confidently say "go for it"! The difference is almost unbelievable.

Treat yourself for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzah and/or 'Pfft - it's the 25th'. It will give you an extra excuse to sod off outside and ignore troublesome family members on that day.

Enjoy!

Cheers - The Gardener.
    margyb, kritikal, Fatman and 5 others like this.
    Veni. Vidi. Vape. *

iTaste V3, Nemesis clone, Trident clone, Steam Turbine clone, Kraken clone, iClear16s; Dekang, Hangsen and Liqua e-juices... more to come... soon!.

* With apologies to Julius Caesar.

The problem with vaping and money lies with the thought process that I and many others probably share that dictates perfectly reasoned justification for any new shiny thing they see. I tell myself that when I get bored I can just pass it along or that I really do need to try whatever awesome new thing I've found etc. Not too kind on the old money sack.
    spud likes this.

Couldn't agree more Gardener I am looking forward to trying the aspires though.
    T7x likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

After the first three weeks I had enough of everything for two months. I didn't need to buy anything and had spent about $260.00. Eight weeks down the track I have at least 4 of everything and have spent nearly $700.00. You would think having spent this much money I would be set. Oh No, I've got 2 years of nic and all the hardware I will need but I still want ...............more. Does it ever end?
    margyb, Fatman, DanGibson and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    After the first three weeks I had enough of everything for two months. I didn't need to buy anything and had spent about $260.00. Eight weeks down the track I have at least 4 of everything and have spent nearly $700.00. You would think having spent this much money I would be set. Oh No, I've got 2 years of nic and all the hardware I will need but I still want ...............more. Does it ever end?
    You have contracted a case of shineyitis, there is no known cure, the condition can only be managed but you know what, that's ok, cause you're not smoking stinkies
    DanGibson, Donna and Altered1 like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    I second you on the upgrade, I don't get it how some people can be okay with laying down $300 on a crap cigalike and then when they find the good stuff they go "Ohh no it's $130 for an atty" which would last for years and vape like sucking on 10 cigalikes at once.
    You should try your trident clone on an innokin MVP, that would be some serious vape.
    spud likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Right there with you... In the beginning I couldn't fathom spending $100 on a device, now I'll drop that on an atomiser and not give it a second thought. Not good for my bank balance, but the vaping is spectacular!
    Right now looking around my desk, I have an Ikarus v2, Zenesis Carto Hybrid, Nzonic V3 with an Atomic RDA, AC9 Genesis Atty, ZAU, 2 x Provari minis, a Nemesis, Russian 91%, Cyborg, Taifun GT, and the list goes on.

Current favourite, Cyborg with the Taifun GT and Tribute from Juicy Vapors.
    Donna likes this.

@DanGibson: I'm too old and too unfashionable to be bothered about being fashionable and having the latest and greatest. I know well to stay away from V1.0 of anything. Good point, though. When a product is proven and the haze of hype has settled, I'll look at it. Only look. I might buy it later.

@Donna: I'm possibly not far behind you. I'm buying in supplies to see me past Chrissy and trying to get organised for Chinese New Year when the overseas suppliers shut up shop for a fortnight. Given the rising 'fashionable' nature of this hobby, globally, I'm guessing that the new "we're going to do what we want" government might do something unpleasant sooner than later. I would like enough stock to wean myself off nic before pig-headed pollies and pubes make it more difficult.

@T7x: I luuuuurve the shinies, but am taking my time to find those that work, and work well. I have a Nemesis clone that is awaiting batteries, and a Steam Turbine clone, awaiting wick and wire, and possible hand-re-tooling too, I hear. Those parts should be here next week some time. I get the impression that the iTaste I'm enjoying will be sidelined in about ten seconds after the necessary supplies arrive.

Taking into account the annual expense of smoking cigarettes, I think it would be very, very difficult to spend that amount on vaping items. $20 a pack at say six packs a week? That's mucho dinero up in smoke. Seriously? How can one spend six grand per annum on juice and shinies and supplies, and not tell themselves that they are imprudent? But if Rolex, Raymond Weil or Bulgari came out with a mod... jk...

At least now I have some more funds to give to charities to help relieve others' torment and suffering and cares in this place, and maybe stay in this place a little longer, in a healthier state, and make the world prettier and happier.

Cheers - The Gardener.
    spud, hank, Donna and 1 others like this.
    Veni. Vidi. Vape. *

iTaste V3, Nemesis clone, Trident clone, Steam Turbine clone, Kraken clone, iClear16s; Dekang, Hangsen and Liqua e-juices... more to come... soon!.

* With apologies to Julius Caesar.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    You have contracted a case of shineyitis, there is no known cure the condition can only be managed but you know what, that's ok, cause you're not smoking stinkies
    There's a relatively simple cure, it's by no means easy though! It can also be used in a tapered withdrawal method.

One needs only avoid forums and mod sites/sections. If you're not into higher end equipment, avoid any areas that contain details on new hardware. Save direct URL's to consumables and you will have no excuse to see any new shiny objects.

A few months later you will have no desire for new vape gear, what you have will be satisfying and you won't know any better. It doesn't take much contract once more though!
    spud and Donna like this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    There's a relatively simple cure, it's by no means easy though! It can also be used in a tapered withdrawal method.

One needs only avoid forums and mod sites/sections. If you're not into higher end equipment, avoid any areas that contain details on new hardware. Save direct URL's to consumables and you will have no excuse to see any new shiny objects.

A few months later you will have no desire for new vape gear, what you have will be satisfying and you won't know any better. It doesn't take much contract once more though!
    You can manage the condition if you keep track of what you are spending and be strict with yourself. I opened a special account just to pay for vape gear and to save for those special things, if theres no money in that account, I just don't buy anything It also helps to just avoid any links to FT, and not read the girly e-cigs thread on here
    Donna likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast