Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Segelei 19b first mech mod :)

Segelei 19b first mech mod :)

Well, the segelei 19b from VK arrived today, and its the first mech mod I've had a go with, using the I-atty RBA from fasttech, with a mesh/silica wick and 1.3 ohm coil that I made up this afternoon. I have to say I'm really impressed with this little mech dude. Good vapor production and great taste, as well as being a really simple mod to use.

Threads were a bit grindy to start with, but the tiniest bit of sewing machine oil, and they thread smoothly now.

The I-atty is a good RBA for a beginner like me, super simple to set up, and works well.

My shineyitis has been medicated for now and I feel like a "real" vaper.

One thing though, a note for beginners, if you are using lower ohm coils on mech mods, the nic hit is pretty strong, I think I'm going to cut the nic in my juice down to about 8mg when I use this set up. Got a bit dizzy today after vaping for about 10 mins with 16mg juice

Loving it
    Crisscross, Olfella and maggie like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Another note for beginners, this little mech dude was only $20 from VK, on super special. So definitely worth picking one up if you want to get an idea of how these things work and how to set them up. As cheap as FT and a hell of a lot quicker on the postage VK also have all the mesh, wire, and wick you would need to get started with RBAs, as well as a good selection of RBAs for beginners.

Lol, not trying to shill for VK, but if you want to get into mods and RBAs, its not gonna cost you an arm and a leg to get started

Sigelei Telescope mechanical Mod - #19B
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

was going to say now you are a real vaper now spud,but realised that might upset some people so I wont...
    It matters not what we use as long as not on the stinkies....
    well done spud,you have come a long way
    at some stage try just a mesh wick and see if you find the taste and wicking better or worse..
    spud likes this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Olfella View Post
    was going to say now you are a real vaper now spud,but realised that might upset some people so I wont...
    It matters not what we use as long as not on the stinkies....
    well done spud,you have come a long way
    at some stage try just a mesh wick and see if you find the taste and wicking better or worse..
    Will do, I've got a little bit of time spare this weekend so I'm gonna try a really low ohm coil, maybe around 0.9 (I know thats not really low for some, but I'm just a beginner after all ), and also just some silica wick, and will give just the plain mesh wick a go to.

The best part is I'm having so much fun

AVF Regular
    How are you going with the switch? Probably the worst mod ever thought out.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ckane View Post
    How are you going with the switch? Probably the worst mod ever thought out.
    Easily fixed with a couple of ring magnets and a bit of copper wire though..
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    Don't know how close a clone it was, but a spring on the positive end and a magnet on the firing pin???
    Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    Easily fixed with a couple of ring magnets and a bit of copper wire though..

AVF Regular
    Nah, a couple of magnets & some copper wire inside the switch itself. Gets rid of the dodgy spring they used which is the biggest problem with it.

I've got a link to an ECF thread here somewhere...
    spud likes this.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    That's all right 308, I got rid of mine ages ago. But with clones like the neme and the chink you, wouldn't take a second glance at the 19b. Unless it was 6 months ago
    308hjute likes this.

AVF Regular
    Agreed mr kane. I've got two chink you's that I use pretty much every day. Haven't used the 19b for at least a couple of weeks. Might stuff a battery in it and give it a run tomorrow.

Spud, if you want some info on fixing the 19b switch if it is giving you any grief, give me a yell....
    ckane and spud like this.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast