Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: any comments on the eroll?

any comments on the eroll?

Ive been thinking about getting an eroll for a little while now. I have an ego and evod clearo which does the job but I still find myself going out to the back room for a smoko, which then seems to suck me back in before I know what's happening. I'm wondering if an eroll wouldn't help satisfy that behaviour a bit better, while I could still use my regular pv at other times like I already do. I seem to remember one of the ladies here used an eroll to get off the stinkies but I can't remember who it was. I've been looking for a white one I can buy from aus, but so far no luck (maybe I'm not looking hard enough, or maybe my brain is just farting around).

any thoughts on the eroll? from experienced users? are they just crap or could I leave it set up for when i go to the back room for a smoko break (a well established habit I have)

Hi there,

I started out on the eroll and I loved it. Going from an evod and ego might be a pain as far as having to fill it up and charge more often in comparison. I just made sure I had a bunch filled up if I was going to be away from home for a while and have a couple spare batteries. Pending your usage, the charge you get from the PCC might be enough to last you a day.

They are a great little unit for their size
    vaping_gal likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have an eroll kit and 4 batteries and could count the number of times I've used it on one hand.
    They are cute and pocket friendly to an extent (they can be prone to leaksge)
    the cartridges hold so little juice (for me anyway) that I'll empty one in a smoke break.
    to fill carts you need a syringe or have to pull caps off and wipe up spillage.
    They actually perform pretty well, but if you'reonto ego batteries I'd suggest just trying an Aspire BDC on top. You'll get much more bang for buck
    Fatman and vaping_gal like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Hi there,

I started out on the eroll and I loved it. Going from an evod and ego might be a pain as far as having to fill it up and charge more often in comparison. I just made sure I had a bunch filled up if I was going to be away from home for a while and have a couple spare batteries. Pending your usage, the charge you get from the PCC might be enough to last you a day.

They are a great little unit for their size
    thanks domo, if the pcc lasts a whole day then it could be useful I think. There's something that I'm still not getting from my pv, I've been wracking my brain to figure out what exactly that is, and maybe it's the size of the pv, or just old habits that keep drawing me to the back room for a real smoko but I really need to stop this. having some spare filled carts wouldn't be a huge issue. it does look cute and cigarette like in the videos I've watched.

Digit, I do have some syringes and a blunt needle, I used to use these for filling my ego cartridges quickly and it was like zip zip, done so I know what you mean, I hate having to mess around with removing plastic caps etc too especially on the small cartridges. I think it could be worth a shot trying the eroll to see if it fills some behavioural need in me. I'll look into the aspire bdc too. maybe I just wasn't ready to start on an ego battery, and need to go back to basics with something cutesy and cigalike to break the smoking habit a bit more.

Banned (Never to return)
    TBH i seen one at the first PVM , and out of all the stuff that has passed through my hands these looked awesome

might have to get one before im finished

i thought the size was brilliant and from what i seen vapor production was awesome
    vaping_gal likes this.

AVF Regular
    Its a pity that joye have priced themselves out of the market. A lot of Aussie suppliers win't stock them.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    TBH an ego and evod should be enough, perhaps you need variable voltage/wattage device (twist/sid/svd or something) to give you more vapour, or more nic in your juice.

I have stacks of mods and batteries and have had an eRoll for several months. I used it sparingly to begin with, mainly due to the low capacity the tanks hold, preferring my larger mods for daily use. Over the last couple of months, I have found that I now use it on a daily basis. If you are going to get one, buy an Innokin uCan as well, as these are great for refilling.

The performance of the eRoll is impressively good for its size and I find the battery lasts me all day. They are great to take out for a night on the town.

I can definitely recommend them. I have put a stack of other people onto them as well and they are all happy with their performance.
    vaping_gal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Its a pity that joye have priced themselves out of the market. A lot of Aussie suppliers win't stock them.
    I'm surprised that I can't even find a white one in stock from the aussie suppliers. $60 for a start up kit doesn't seem like a lot if it helps me curb some more of my smoking. Im one of those who prefers to buy the brand names I recognise like joyetech etc.

from the googling I've done there seem to be a couple of issues with these, such as the atty getting hot, or the draw hole being in a weird spot that gets covered easily by your fingers. I'm sure they could easily fix these and bring out a new version, so it seems kind of surprising they haven't done that yet because the concept of the eroll seems pretty good to me, although they maybe didn't think everything through when they designed it. It's probably not something I would take with me on long trips, but more just to use at home where I can keep it charging.

tbod, I don't think I'm missing out on nic or hit with my pv, I just seem to be stuck in certain patterns of use with smoking. My Dh raised a good point the other day, in that because smoking is so restricted these days, you tend to take smoko breaks rather than smoke while doing something else, and I think that's a pattern I'm stuck in too. My smoko breaks aren't necessarily about craving nic, but have more to do with habit and behaviour, e.g. when I have a hot drink I take it to the back room and smoke, even though I could drink it inside but it's just not what I'm used to anymore after so many years. I also don't smoke inside or while watching tv, so whenever I think of having a smoko, I just automatically go to the back room to do it. It just doesn't feel right to sit inside and smoke or vape because it's been years since I did that

the obvious answer is to change my habits, but I still find myself almost subconsciously getting up to go to the back room for a "break" whether I need to or not. this seems to be all tied up with my smoking these days, if I smoked indoors, then vaping indoors would probably feel more natural to me, but it's not the proper "smoko break" I've become so used to.
    Last edited by vaping_gal; 30-11-13 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotus View Post
    I have stacks of mods and batteries and have had an eRoll for several months. I used it sparingly to begin with, mainly due to the low capacity the tanks hold, preferring my larger mods for daily use. Over the last couple of months, I have found that I now use it on a daily basis. If you are going to get one, buy an Innokin uCan as well, as these are great for refilling.

The performance of the eRoll is impressively good for its size and I find the battery lasts me all day. They are great to take out for a night on the town.

I can definitely recommend them. I have put a stack of other people onto them as well and they are all happy with their performance.
    thanks omnipotus, and that's the sort of info I was after, I guess I feel it's good to have options too instead of using the same pv all the time for every situation. I will get a ucan too if I go this route. Did you buy yours from aus? I'm thinking this would be a good guilt free xmas present for myself to get one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast