Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Just an observation......

Lightbulb Just an observation......

Hey all, don't want to come across as an arsehole or anything, far from it. I just don't want to see people potentially get hurt from acting on some incorrect advice etc.

I've noticed lately that some quite newbish members have been dishing out some ill informed advice regarding coil builds, rbas etc etc. Quite frankly some of it has been absolute (although good intentioned) rubbish. I realise some of you are excited about getting your first coil to work and it's exciting that you have been vaping a month and you're moving onto mechs and RDA's blah blah blah.

It's great if you want to move down that path that quick (seems to be the trend now), and I'm not trying to hold you back, stop you or whatever. I'm just asking the newer people here who have just ventured into advanced vaping to maybe hold off on dishing out the advice unless you absolutely know what you're talking about. There are plenty of vapers here who do know what they are talking about and have had a lot more experience at doing all kinds of setups and modifications. Watch someone like dvietrod or luntingsir at work and you'll know what an expert looks like.

It's great that everyone wants to help, but if the wrong information gets out to an inexperienced vaper, there can be more than a possibility of a bad injury occurring in a worst case scenario. It really isn't just about wrapping wire around a drill bit and doubling a bit of ekowool or cotton through it. There is shit that you need to know or be aware of when you build coils etc and if you don't know what I'm referring to, then you probably shouldn't be advising other people on what to do either.

Like I said. Don't want to shit on anyone, just want to make sure people on AVF get the best possible advice that keeps people as safe as possible while vaping.
    D1git, ckane, margyb and 17 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Singo View Post
    Hey all, don't want to come across as an arsehole or anything...
    hehehe....too late
    Last edited by steve.c; 30-11-13 at 06:18 AM.
    tally-ho likes this.

Retired Account
    Yeah, these whippersnappers.. you should wait at least 2 months to start fooling around with rebuildables!
    Back in my day, our mods were coal powered and wicks were made of cat intestines!
    Ya tell young people and they just wouldn't believe ya!
    (with good reason)

Coal powered ! You were lucky . We used to dream of coal powered mods
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Olfella View Post
    Coal powered ! You were lucky . We used to dream of coal powered mods

Ay, back in our day we used to pour e-juice straight into our open eye socket after a 24 hour shift down the pit digging for spam,, AND WE WERE GLAD FOR IT!,,,,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    Back in my day we didn't even have fancy schmancy ejuice.... We used to chew the tobacco up and spit it in each other's eye..
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

Back in my day, we were told to "put it in a pipe and smoke it"

Yep it would be good to see a few good stickies here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Singo View Post
    Hey all, don't want to come across as an arsehole or anything, far from it. I just don't want to see people potentially get hurt from acting on some incorrect advice etc.

I've noticed lately that some quite newbish members have been dishing out some ill informed advice regarding coil builds, rbas etc etc. Quite frankly some of it has been absolute (although good intentioned) rubbish. I realise some of you are excited about getting your first coil to work and it's exciting that you have been vaping a month and you're moving onto mechs and RDA's blah blah blah.

It's great if you want to move down that path that quick (seems to be the trend now), and I'm not trying to hold you back, stop you or whatever. I'm just asking the newer people here who have just ventured into advanced vaping to maybe hold off on dishing out the advice unless you absolutely know what you're talking about. There are plenty of vapers here who do know what they are talking about and have had a lot more experience at doing all kinds of setups and modifications. Watch someone like dvietrod or luntingsir at work and you'll know what an expert looks like.

It's great that everyone wants to help, but if the wrong information gets out to an inexperienced vaper, there can be more than a possibility of a bad injury occurring in a worst case scenario. It really isn't just about wrapping wire around a drill bit and doubling a bit of ekowool or cotton through it. There is shit that you need to know or be aware of when you build coils etc and if you don't know what I'm referring to, then you probably shouldn't be advising other people on what to do either.

Like I said. Don't want to shit on anyone, just want to make sure people on AVF get the best possible advice that keeps people as safe as possible while vaping.

How about some links to good information or tutorials
    oogy and vaping_gal like this.

AVF Regular
    Probably a good idea for the experienced people to speak up loudly and clearly here on the forum about what can go wrong, and be specific about the dangers too. Since this is no longer just a few of you guys who know about electrical stuff experimenting and tinkering and chatting about it, it's probably a good time to consider that this is a very public forum, which means anybody and everybody is reading....so it's no longer ok to be blasť and leave the risks unspoken.

If I was interested in coil building I would want to be made very aware of the safety risks. Information is always a good thing.
    Last edited by JenJ; 30-11-13 at 11:59 AM.
    margyb, oogy, tally-ho and 5 others like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast