Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By youngvaper34
  • 1 Post By Donna
  • 1 Post By SUCKITIN

Thread: evod cotton wick rebuild

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

evod cotton wick rebuild

I just rebuilt an evod coil with cotton from an ear bud and some wire i picked up from a craft store i bought for 2$. Works great at 1.6 ohm on my vamo. anyone else a cheap ass like me?

Quote Originally Posted by youngvaper34 View Post
    I just rebuilt an evod coil with cotton from an ear bud and some wire i picked up from a craft store i bought for 2$. Works great at 1.6 ohm on my vamo. anyone else a cheap ass like me?
    Don't mean to burst your bubble but I buy evod coils already made for less than $1.00. So it seems you were ripped off.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    But the wire i got is 70yards and from a craft shop and i didn't use the ear bud first either
    Donna likes this.

But the wire i got is 70yards and from a craft shop and i didn't use the ear bud first either
    "sounds like you've saved so much money you've actually made money" "now where are the dippety bix"
    youngvaper34 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Wow young sounds like you got vaping sussed out prety good cheap wire from the CRAFT shop and nic juice available 10 min down the road from your house how about a tutorial on how you build your coils please ????
    some nice pics and a link for the cheap wire would be great
    margyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SUCKITIN View Post
    Wow young sounds like you got vaping sussed out prety good cheap wire from the CRAFT shop and nic juice available 10 min down the road from your house how about a tutorial on how you build your coils please ????
    some nice pics and a link for the cheap wire would be great
    I too have only just heard of 'rene 41' wire. Used for cutting foam, it may actually be found in a craft shop.
    It's a type of nichrome (54.5 percent nickel, 20 percent chromium, 12 percent cobalt, 9 percent molybdenum, 3 percent titanium, 1.5 percent aluminium). It's 27g so not much good for clearos. But then again it may be higher resistance as it's designed as a cutting wire, and need less wraps than ~27g nichrome or kanthal, so may only need 2-3 wraps.

edit: It's more expensive than kanthal or normal nichrome though.
    Last edited by coopz; 01-12-13 at 05:54 PM.