Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trustfire TR-001 Safe Charger

AVF Regular

Trustfire TR-001 Safe Charger

hello my fellow vapors!! i pitchased the TR-001 trustfire charger the other day for my imr batts but now am starting to use unprotected can someone tell me if its safe to charge unprotective batts in the tr-001 trustfire charger

thnx guys !!!

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    yes. ---------------
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Super Moderator
    ^^^^ What he said ... but , I will throw in the BUT lol
    TR-001 chargers can be a bit hit and miss IMO ... check the charging with a multimeter and take a note of the cut-off point ... closer to 4.15-4.2V the betterer!
    Feel for heat , it should never get more than just barely warm to the touch . Either the unit OR the battery.

I just dont trrust them as much as I would other chargers ( like Soshines etc) ... have had more than one TR crapout on me or those around me over the years

the TR-001 is a charger I personally would never leave to charge unattended ( that's just me tho )
    Robray likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    one should never be thrifty when it comes to safety. Should have spend the money to get a soshine

I'm about to order batteries and guess I should choose 'protected'... does price really make a difference and what's the best to buy regarding safety etc ... need advice on a good charger too .. TIA .. buying from Oz btw as I'd like it asap

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I'm about to order batteries and guess I should choose 'protected'... does price really make a difference and what's the best to buy regarding safety etc ... need advice on a good charger too .. TIA .. buying from Oz btw as I'd like it asap
    fully recommend this. Has not skipped a beat yet. And charges super fast. Only takes 18500-18650 batteries though. I use an aluminium battery extension for my 18350s and it is fully charged from 3.5v - 4.2v in 15mins.

Soshine 18650 AU S1 MAX III VER 3 Rapid Charger FOR 1 4 Lithium ION Battery | eBay

Trustfire TR-001 Charger

"Great product if your looking burn your house down ."

Super Moderator
    Others to add to the list ... again fromSupersports600's ebay shop
    Soshine 18650 AU S1 MIX III V3 18650 RCR123 Charger FOR Lithium ION Battery | eBay The mix has the ability to charge a bigger range of sizes ... have had this model for over a year and its faultless

This next one is a new one to SS600 and I am gonna pick one up very soon I think looks even more versatile it will also do LiFePO4 cells
    Soshine SC H2 Universal LCD Battery Charger LI ION Nimh LI FEPO4 AUS Standards | eBay

Super quick postage and great service ALWAYS from SS.... Hes the ONLY battery Guy I go to these days , unless I am looking for a size he doesnt carry ... and if he doesnt carry it ,its usually because its not a battery that meets his demanding standards ... yes this sounds like an ad for him LOL , but IMO he is the best seller of batteries in Australia , for quality , service and value.
    Last edited by Fatman; 03-12-13 at 06:55 PM.
    davee likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewaffle View Post
    Trustfire TR-001 Charger

"Great product if your looking burn your house down ."
    great !! that was a waste of money my imrs charge fine and dont overcharge

AVF Regular
    Does super have a website or something for those of us who don't do eBay?
    Just get an EPM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast