• yar.. she'll be right mate

3 60.00%
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By Rossco

Thread: worst wick is which?

worst wick is which?

ok dont hurt me im a newbie.. im not even sure if im posting this in the right place but the thingi said "hardware"

ok so heres my conundrum.. months and months ago my first kit came with a CE6 clearomiser which came with multiple coils..
    the CE6 have the wicks that hang down and kinda look like Kurt Cobains bad hair day (lost? bare with me im getting there)

now for the past several weeks i have been using a protank mini 2 and whilst i think it is way more better than the CE6 im finding that the wicks on the protank coild get gummed up easily and aren't as easy to wash as the wicks on the CE6

so here is my question (finally) ... can i chop up the wicks from my CE6 and put them in my protank coils...

your opinion on this would be appreciated.. normally i would just experiment and fail miserably but i signed up for this forum recently and believe im ready to throw my self at the mercy of a community and ask my first retarded newbie question...

cheers

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Don't know if I've welcomed you to AVF yet or not, if not welcome

Ok so to answer your question, yes you could but only after removing them from the coil heads & putting them into the coil heads on the Pootank.
    This likely will not stop your Pootank coils from gunking up though.
    If you don't know what a dry burn is, then you can google for a youtube video to show you, when you know how to do that, it takes about 5 minutes or less to clean your wick/coils to near new condition, which I think is going to be the better solution for your problem

Finally, try an Aspire, Vivi-Nova style, Shielded, Pyrex Glass tanked, clearo & you should get a vape that is 100 times better than you're getting from your Pootank. Coil heads on these are much harder to clean however & are more of a use & replace when needed type of thing but the vape is the best I have experienced from a clearo in 3 years of vaping.
    Driesy77 likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I have no idea but I really want to vote.

I never get a chance to say no.....bad newbie
    Dharke82 likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Don't know if I've welcomed you to AVF yet or not, if not welcome

Ok so to answer your question, yes you could but only after removing them from the coil heads & putting them into the coil heads on the Pootank.
    This likely will not stop your Pootank coils from gunking up though.
    If you don't know what a dry burn is, then you can google for a youtube video to show you, when you know how to do that, it takes about 5 minutes or less to clean your wick/coils to near new condition, which I think is going to be the better solution for your problem

Finally, try an Aspire, Vivi-Nova style, Shielded, Pyrex Glass tanked, clearo & you should get a vape that is 100 times better than you're getting from your Pootank. Coil heads on these are much harder to clean however & are more of a use & replace when needed type of thing but the vape is the best I have experienced from a clearo in 3 years of vaping.
    I can vouch for Noe on the Aspire clearo's, as he advised me about them. These things are the best I've used so far, but I've only been vaping for around three months and I think everyone will have their own favorite ways of vaping. I actually be daring enough to say that the Aspire's are up there with the Boge cartomizer tanks that I just purchased. This is a game of trial and error, but when you nail it and find what you've been looking for the sense of achievement rocks. Best of luck.
    maggie likes this.

its good advice.. ill check out the aspires.. i did like switching to the protank.. more airflow.. but now im noticing that the protank is more tempermental.. i keep getting dry hits and im beginning to see why the internet verbally bashes bottom feeders so much.. i guess theres pros and cons for everything..