Thread: Vamo problems

AVF Regular

Vamo problems

Yesterday was not a good vaping day.

We went down the coast to visit my parents at their holiday apartment, and I took my Vamo with RSST, and a couple of Ego backups with T3S clearos.

First my Rsst packed up - was giving me a Low resistance, or 9.9 ohm reading. I thought it may need a clean or a new coil. So I switched to my backup Ego and T3S coil..... The T3S leaked it's content into my pocket. So at the end of the day, I was vaping my backup backup.

Anyway, I get home last night, and check the RSST, and all is working as it should - tested on the Ego and no problems. T3S clearos and CE4 clearos could not get a ohm reading on the vamo - open circuit.

A bit of a google search revealed that the Vamo has known issues with both the 510 thread (being a shit thread), as well as the positive post insulator failing..

Looking at my Vamo, I could only think the problem must be the positive post and insulator. So I got a tiny flat head screw driver, managed to move the post up a little, and it was back to working properly. For now.

MY QUESTION:

If I get a 510 to 510 Adapter or a 510/Ego to Ego/510 adapter, will this protect the connection on the Vamo ? Will it be a better quality thread than on the Vamo? What connector to get?

I don't know if I can sent this unit back to the supplier in China - well I could, but postage would probably be a bastard.

Any Aussie vendors have these adapters ?

Cheers

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Super Moderator
    heya altered ...most vendors will have these adaptors , off the top of my head I know Juicewhore,Ozvape and vapingmad carry them ... ecigmodshop too , but they are out atm .
    You can fit it in there permanently with no dramas , I would add a little conductive grease on the outer threads to make sure they have a good contact ... they will just make your atty sit a bit higher.... if you use a little conductive grease inside them too , they should last a good time ... fan of the grease , because some ofthe adapters are often made out of a crap metal which can corrode over time ...the grease stops that from happening , and makes atty removal a lot less damaging to them .
    Last edited by Fatman; 08-12-13 at 11:45 AM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    It was my understanding that screwing on an atty too tightly pushes the pin down a bit to far; if you use an adapter, you're then screwing and unscrewing the atty from the adapter, protecting the mod pin and threads from wear and tear. I think lots of vendors carry them, but I know steam-e-cigs has 510-510 and 510-ego adapters, but they also have an airflow controller that might be a much better-looking solution: Steam-e-cigs | Accessories

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    Yesterday was not a good vaping day.

We went down the coast to visit my parents at their holiday apartment, and I took my Vamo with RSST, and a couple of Ego backups with T3S clearos.

First my Rsst packed up - was giving me a Low resistance, or 9.9 ohm reading. I thought it may need a clean or a new coil. So I switched to my backup Ego and T3S coil..... The T3S leaked it's content into my pocket. So at the end of the day, I was vaping my backup backup.

Anyway, I get home last night, and check the RSST, and all is working as it should - tested on the Ego and no problems. T3S clearos and CE4 clearos could not get a ohm reading on the vamo - open circuit.

A bit of a google search revealed that the Vamo has known issues with both the 510 thread (being a shit thread), as well as the positive post insulator failing..

Looking at my Vamo, I could only think the problem must be the positive post and insulator. So I got a tiny flat head screw driver, managed to move the post up a little, and it was back to working properly. For now.

MY QUESTION:

If I get a 510 to 510 Adapter or a 510/Ego to Ego/510 adapter, will this protect the connection on the Vamo ? Will it be a better quality thread than on the Vamo? What connector to get?

I don't know if I can sent this unit back to the supplier in China - well I could, but postage would probably be a bastard.

Any Aussie vendors have these adapters ?

Cheers
    Vapebar have these:

eGo-510 Adapter - Vapebar
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Thanks Guys! will get onto it.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Sorry to hijack, I got a similar problem with my Vamo today. Rebuilt a coil on my Fogger, and tried it out on the Vamo, got a reading of 0.0. Doubled checked every thing on the Fogger for shorts, couldn't see anything, tried again and got the same reading. Put an Aspire BDC on the Vamo and got a reading of 1.8. Tried out the Fogger on my wife's Vamo, and got a reading of 1.3. Thought it could be the pin on the Fogger and adjusted it but still getting 0.0 on my Vamo. Any ideas?

Cheers
    Darren

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?