Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time for a change

So, Looking to put something new on my ProVari - currently using a mini dripping atty which is fine for everyday use but sometimes due to work (I do a bit of freelance video shooting) dripping is not the most convenient with the camera on my shoulder so was thinking of getting a nice smallish tank to go on top for those times.

I have a protank 2 and 1 which are both great but in search of something different and reasonably priced (preferably from an AU Supplier) that will work well on my ProVari. I find the pro tank does not have as much air in the drag as I would like..

Not really sure what to go with so open to all suggestions - hit me up with your preferred ProVari Topper...
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    So, Looking to put something new on my ProVari - currently using a mini dripping atty which is fine for everyday use but sometimes due to work (I do a bit of freelance video shooting) dripping is not the most convenient with the camera on my shoulder so was thinking of getting a nice smallish tank to go on top for those times.

I have a protank 2 and 1 which are both great but in search of something different and reasonably priced (preferably from an AU Supplier) that will work well on my ProVari. I find the pro tank does not have as much air in the drag as I would like..

Not really sure what to go with so open to all suggestions - hit me up with your preferred ProVari Topper...

The original Protank was criticised for being to airy. The Protank 2 is quite a bit tighter - to its detriment in my opinion. I found you can drill the air holes out on the 2 versions and get the airy draw back. Wonderful.

There's a problem with some of the Protank 2 bases not getting air when screwed right down on the Provari and some other mods. It's not clear what this problem is but it was supposed to have been fixed. Check the draw of the Protank off the Provari and if it's very might lighter then you might have some form of this problem.

The Protank is my go-to device for working.

You might look into genesis style atomisers if you want a tank system that's as close as possible to dripping. My own solution is the Reo bottom feeder with either the RM2 or an A7 mini on it.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Banned (Never to return)
    boge carto and liquinator is excellent everyday option

best suited to 50/50 juice or more ( more PG )

used this every day for 6 months , best non-rebuildable option for me

AVF Regular
    Ive always used the Protank2 on my Provari, but ive got an RSST that i drilled out to 1.5mm that gives heaps of airy hits if your into rebuildables.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    The original Protank was criticised for being to airy. The Protank 2 is quite a bit tighter - to its detriment in my opinion. I found you can drill the air holes out on the 2 versions and get the airy draw back. Wonderful.

There's a problem with some of the Protank 2 bases not getting air when screwed right down on the Provari and some other mods. It's not clear what this problem is but it was supposed to have been fixed. Check the draw of the Protank off the Provari and if it's very might lighter then you might have some form of this problem.
    Funny ive never heard of that or experienced that problem. And i cant see a difference in the draws between the pt1 and 2.

Thanks for all the input everyone... Just tried the PT2 again, was like sucking a bowling ball through a straw, backed it off a little on the thread and it was perfect. Weird thing is, it was fine when I got it as the PT2 came with the ProVari, this has recently started so it may be to do with the coil too? not really sure... Might look into drilling it.

Anyway, had a look at the few of the suggestions, quite like the SmokTech RSST also found the Kraken which I really like. For now I have gone back to my Igo-L until I make a decision....
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

Just did some quick googling - pleased to announce I fixed the draw problem on the PT2 without drilling. Just don't screw the coil in until it is fully tight. Tighten up and back off half a turn. No leaks and perfect draw on the ProVari. I can go to bed happy now.

i've been using the protank 3 and iclear30S the past week with my provari both work great!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinkc View Post
    i've been using the protank 3 and iclear30S the past week with my provari both work great!
    Havent tried the pt3 yet. Does the dual coil make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Havent tried the pt3 yet. Does the dual coil make a difference?
    for me it's hard to tell a difference in taste but it does give a warmer vape (i prefer this)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast