Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Altered1

Thread: Any advice on replacing parts of an Aussie Blue Bloody Ripper kit

Question Any advice on replacing parts of an Aussie Blue Bloody Ripper kit

Hey guys, first time posting here so hello :-)

20 year smoker

12 months ago
    bought one of these https://www.ecigs.net.au/shop/aussie-blue-endurance-kit
    but got fed up of the small battery constantly needing recharing and some life stress made me start smoking again

never give up giving up so bought one of these:
    https://www.ecigs.net.au/shop/aussie...ody-ripper-kit
    loved the bigger battery so bought some fat tanks https://www.ecigs.net.au/shop/aussie...ripper-ego-510 and have had 6 months happy vaping :-)

Then last Friday I had a few too many and fell asleep with both batteries attached to tanks in my pockets, woke up on the sofa at 8am with both batteries broken. Managed to solder them back together but one doesnt seem to recharge and the other isn't lasting like it used to ARGH! I also broke one of the Smok tanks the week before because I couldn't unscrew it and resorted to pliers, which have had an ill effect.

Could replace the batteries with https://www.ecigs.net.au/shop/aussie...white-blue-red but it got me thinking that they are a lot more expensive than say kGo MEGA 1300 mAh Battery and are only 900maH vs the Kgo 1300MaH - so......

Are ecigs.net.au expensive for what they are? Should I be looking to replace my whole kit (charger, batteries and refillable cartomisers)? Or are the KGo batteries compatible with the charger and cartomisers I have?
    I have been happy, but perhaps naively because I was recommended the site my a friend and was in a hurry - perhaps I should be looking to switch brand?

I'm very committed to vaping (got 10 bottles of various nicotine strength flavours on my shelf), feel like a different person since getting off the oily rags (fags in cockney slang) - but don't see why I should be throwing extra money at ecigs.net.au if they are 50% more expensive than better products. And it does look like I'll be having to replace/upgrade as time goes on as these things don't seem to last forever...

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    SilverB3ar

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    go through the vendors sites on here and compare.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

AVF Regular
    Welcome SilverB3ar,

You could get 4 equivalent Ego starter kits me thinks. Those Aussie ripper kits look like a rebadged evod kit or similar.

I highly suggest you check out the mythical Noe's list, i think you'll find some similar stuff here to what you have been using Noes List !

Careful though Shiny-itus is contageous not long and you'll be wanting some of the really cool stuff

well done on getting off the stinkies
    Last edited by Altered1; 10-12-13 at 08:31 PM.
    Noe likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Silver
    In short, yes you have many better value options in my opinion. The lists in the New Vapers section will get you thinking. Sellers that I've used regularly and trust; Vape King, Vaping Mad, Vaping Cobra and Juice Whore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverB3ar View Post

20 year smoker

12 months ago
    but got fed up of the small battery constantly needing recharing and some life stress made me start smoking again

loved the bigger battery so bought some fat tanks https://www.ecigs.net.au/shop/aussie...ripper-ego-510 and have had 6 months happy vaping :-)

Then last Friday I had a few too many and fell asleep with both batteries attached to tanks in my pockets, woke up on the sofa at 8am with both batteries broken. Managed to solder them back together but one doesnt seem to recharge and the other isn't lasting like it used to ARGH! I also broke one of the Smok tanks the week before because I couldn't unscrew it and resorted to pliers, which have had an ill effect.

Could replace the batteries with https://www.ecigs.net.au/shop/aussie...white-blue-red but it got me thinking that they are a lot more expensive than say kGo MEGA 1300 mAh Battery and are only 900maH vs the Kgo 1300MaH - so......

Are ecigs.net.au expensive for what they are? Should I be looking to replace my whole kit (charger, batteries and refillable cartomisers)? Or are the KGo batteries compatible with the charger and cartomisers I have?
    I have been happy, but perhaps naively because I was recommended the site my a friend and was in a hurry - perhaps I should be looking to switch brand?

I'm very committed to vaping (got 10 bottles of various nicotine strength flavours on my shelf), feel like a different person since getting off the oily rags (fags in cockney slang) - but don't see why I should be throwing extra money at ecigs.net.au if they are 50% more expensive than better products. And it does look like I'll be having to replace/upgrade as time goes on as these things don't seem to last forever...

Cheers
    SilverB3ar
    Welcome to AVF.

You could go for the same/similar kind of batts with 1100mah or 1300mah for much cheaper than where you suggested yourself.
    In addition to "My List", I would suggest having a look at a Smok SiD or a Vamo with 18650 batteries & a battery charger for bigger batteries.
    You may not want a big Mod but the advantage of a big mod is having up to 3400mah batteries that fit & last 3-4 times as long as your old batts used to before needing a recharge. Also bigger mods are usually more robust than eGo type batts & likely would have survived being slept on
    A Sid or Vamo also give you VV/VW options & other features an eGo doesn't have, like being able to check the ohms on your atty.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Ego twists are bullet proof, ive tried most of the small vv or vw stuff and they cant be beat well they can because they take an absolute flogging.
    Those bloody ripper kits are garbage and expensive ive had two kits, all the batteries died they replaced a few then blammed me for flodding them I tried the other cig a like kits from that place too and had the same issues.
    I did flood the ripper batteries but only minor and it would die very quick or the button would go silly etc etc, ego twist ive lost count of how many time a pro tank has dumped its contents into the connectionand they are still going strong. I have 2 small ones and two long ones, one of the long ones got ran over by the car smashed the evod on it bent it like a banana and it still works perfect.
    Ive one had one die and that because it fell out of my pocket 3 stories on to another section of roof and the tin was to rusty to walk on th retrieve it, prob would of still worked.
    I think the ego twist batteries will wear out on the outside before they fail to work.
    All that hardware from the home of the bloody ripper is cheap china rubbish sold at a premium, bit of a shame that a brick n mortar hasnt moved with the times with all the vaping hardware thats avaliable and they make good juices to very tasty but you cant select nic strength, blend etc etc which these days people arnt going to put up with that. And really once you sample what else is out and avaliable no one would be going back They have been around along time though.
    Not trying to bag them , they seem nice and helpful to a naive girl like I was at the time and all that but I wasted a heap of money with them before I discovered what else was avaliable and at the start when trying to quit the cigs failing equipment really is the last thing you want.

Thanks for all the advice people.

I've decided to go for a couple of Vision eGo Spinner 1300mAh | Variable Voltage | Vapebar.
    Vapebar seem to be the only place doing the 1300mAh, and at a good price too.
    Will pair it with ProTank 2 by Kanger | Vapebar after discussing with the staff whether that is the right fit or the mini.
    Want something sturdy and after following McVapen's idea of the Ego Twist - arrived at the Spinner as many who have both say it is even sturdier.

After what Altered1 and Noe said about Shinyitus and big mods I'd also like to get a big mod for use in my home office. The Spinners look great for out and about but at home I'd like the really good smoke everyone says these big mods put out - and they also seem more durable than the smaller batteries so will probably pay back in the long run anyway.
    Am SO tempted to stump up for a ProVari......all the reading on vamo, smok sid, evic etc says they are all a bit fragile or not perfect - just makes me think why not save the money and get the best looking, longest lasting mod out there....
    Quite expensive but probably worth it as it looks like I'll be a long term vapor - or do you think I should do that or try one of the cheaper vamo/smoke sid/evic before that?

cheers
    Last edited by SilverB3ar; 13-12-13 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverB3ar View Post

20 year smoker

12 months ago

Cheers
    SilverB3ar
    anyone can accuse me of being the fan of Soulblu. I dont mind that. You can often found me double wash my hands and spotless kitchen.
    I used the Bloody Ripper before, their stuff is compatible with Soublu Cabalero kit... I was surprised that aussie blue stop supplying nic (although I am such a lightweight).
    I had my cabalero for two weeks now, trully happy with it. Battery life is excellent, although I kept my bloddy rippa for backup (it's kinda weak now... I got it from april last year).

next time I hope you'd all found me the fan of DNA20, if that mod is in stock SOON!!