Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DanGibson
  • 1 Post By Sign me up
  • 1 Post By sushiaddiction

Thread: Cotton Wick

Cool Cotton Wick

I've been vaping for almost a year now, and it that time I've been a silica man for the most part, I've gone through a fair few types - from the flat woven stuff to the round and plain, from 1mm to 4mm worth of thickness (i've found that 2-3mm is really the sweet spot depending on coil size) and I've never really tried cotton wick before. I remember trying to use it to rebuild a disposable coil pretty early down the vaping track and failed miserably, which made me completely dismiss cotton in all it's glory.

So for the past few days I've been using cotton balls that I purchased from the local coles, all I have to say is WOW
    The flavour and throat hit that I am getting using cotton wick in both my fogger and kayfun is just ridiculous! And let's not forget the ridiculous plumes of vapour that are now streaming from my nostrils/mouth. Any tips/tricks that anyone can offer me with cotton wick setups would be greatly appreciated as a new initiate into the cotton kingdom ^_^

I completely agree with you..cotton in Kayfun Lts just brilliant..just remember to change the cotton every 2 or 3 days..easy and you do not need to recoil..just fire the coil up to clean it when you have the cotton out...basic really ..so probably no help to ya mate..
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

Nice.

I'm with olfella. 2 days for a wick on the KF. I find best results with 2mm drill bit coils. To get the wick out just use tweezers or cut one end off. Dry burn and happy days. I also pack the coil pretty tight. Roll up the cotton and jam it in. You can use tweezers again to pull it though so you don't mess up the coil. The better it's packed the more flavour and vapour IMO.

Can I use this method to revitalise disposable coils in evod etc?

Yeah maggi but you will need to make coils for them. Micro coils work best with cotton. Google cotton evod coils and some videos will come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Olfella View Post
    I completely agree with you..cotton in Kayfun Lts just brilliant..just remember to change the cotton every 2 or 3 days..easy and you do not need to recoil..just fire the coil up to clean it when you have the cotton out...basic really ..so probably no help to ya mate..
    That is exactly what I've been doing haha! They get a bit yuck after a couple days but rewicking is no issue at all. I feel like I've somehow just stepped into the giant plumes of vapour club, do we get special badges or something?
    Olfella likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Can I use this method to revitalise disposable coils in evod etc?
    I find getting a coil to sit right in an evod is a bit tricky, but it's definitely doable. I recommend the evods to anyone starting out, I love the little buggers. When all else fails, the evod shall prevail.

AVF Regular
    Yeh i'm a recent convert too and loving it.
    DanGibson likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Only tried silica once then straight to cotton balls. Found leaving the fill hole open on a genesis has almost as much flavour as the kayfun but even more vapour than the kayfun and cooler.

For those thinking of switching or new to RBA.
    So easy to change wick and dry burn(with wick removed)
    Perfect for testing mixes on a genesis. No need to fill tank, just use like and RDA. Replace with new wick if flavour clashes. It's cheap too. I can usually get through 6-8ml until I want to change the wick.
    DanGibson likes this.

]6⁹.12[