Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Rip Off Merchants

Rip Off Merchants

Last week, I had to go out and see one of my staff at site to talk to him about moving him to another area. Anyway, I knew he had got into vaping a few months ago, after seeing me do it.

So we were standing outside and got to talking about vaping (and having a vape) and he was telling me how a lot of the staff had got into e-cigs, since he started on them.

Apparently, they all buy off this bloke, who comes out every couple of weeks to replenish their stocks.

So he had some kind of unrecognizable battery, with cheapo Vivi Nova clone on top. He asked if I had any replacement coil heads, as his was barely producing any vapor.

I couldn't help him with that, but got talking about the juice the guy supplies and it is el-cheapo Dekang I think. I then asked about the prices....

$15 for 30ml Dekang only 1 flavour, Coffee
    $80 for battery and tank

Now the battery looks large, but only lasts 4 hours.

All of them have gone through 3 batteries each in 2 months. The bloke tells them they only last a week or two?

The next day, his setup shit itself, so I gave him some tanks, batts and juice to keep him going. I also advised him, that this bloke has been ripping them all off.

So tomorrow he wants some more batteries, juice and tanks and he, along with a few others want to get a VTR, after I showed him how good they are.

Amazing how some people absolutely rip people off. Seriously, the setup is probably costing this bloke $10 and he is selling it for $80. No B&M, no Internet site, just word of mouth and BS.
    Noe, margyb, Fatman and 4 others like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Yep lots of twats like that about but they only keep their customers as long as those customers don't find out what a douche they really are.
    Unless your name happens to be Miss M, then you will defend the douche until your voice is lost & you're blue in the face...
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

So is this 'bloke' illegally selling nic?
    I feel sorry for the people that get ripped off, but it's only happening because they are letting it happen. It's pretty easy to find AVF and the info available here.
    In this day an age where even every 12 year old has a smart phone or ipad etc, I have no idea how it happens except for laziness or addiction to rubbish TV programmes or gossip media in their spare time.

*doesn't have a smartphone anymore, never had a tablet, I just don't waste time on shitty tv or other media, so I have time to research things that affect my life personally.
    vaping_gal likes this.

Yep, these people didn't know what is available, until this guy saw some of my stuff and we got talking. He is making a killing at the moment, but wont last long like that, that's for sure.
    margyb and Pipesub like this.

Yeah he is coopz and not sure these people have even thought to go online to research anything, I think this guy had their trust and just came along and BS to them.

Zee
    Sellers Surname Carter perhaps??
    hank likes this.

No idea, don't know who he is.

AVF Regular
    coopz, you'll be surprised how many people just have no idea about the net. anyhow - these guys are now on the straight and narrow - I cant wait for the day they turn to this bloke and show him their VTR, and their juice and tell him they get it for $3
    avtek likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Yep, I am surprised that they want to step up from their shitty kits to a VTR, boy will that be a jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    coopz, you'll be surprised how many people just have no idea about the net.
    I'm not suprised at all, those were the people that didn't mind the LNP broadband plan, so they are evidently out there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast