Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Battery questions NCR18650PD

Battery questions NCR18650PD

So I got some batteries today 4x Genuine Panasonic 2900mAh NCR18650PD rechargeable Nipple Top Lithium-ion batteries High drain 10 Amp, UNPROTECTED .
    They all were reading at around 3.3 volts so I loaded them in the nitecore charger at about 6pm. The dam things r still charging. The 3rd light has only just started to flash on them half an hr ago. Y is it taking so long? Is this normal cos I have all 4 bays charging or something? My other batts efest and aw' only take like 1.5 hrs to charge.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    because your charger is low output and the batteries are high capacity.

The bigger the tank, the longer it takes to fill

Quote Originally Posted by supersports600 View Post
    because your charger is low output and the batteries are high capacity.

The bigger the tank, the longer it takes to fill
    Thanks supersports, classic I ask u questions on eBay, u help me , i buy them and now I need more help and here u r, cheers
    I have a soshine charger too, would that b better or the same?
    supersports600 likes this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lozza 82 View Post
    Thanks supersports, classic I ask u questions on eBay, u help me , i buy them and now I need more help and here u r, cheers
    I have a soshine charger too, would that b better or the same?
    It will charge faster in the soshine. Approx 3 hours with 1-2-3 or 4 batteries

Nitecore will be approx 5-7-9-12 hours with 1-2-3-4 batteries respectively

These are times from near full discharge.

I hope you didn't buy your multimeter from me otherwise I'll have to replace it. The factory charge of the PD's is 3.625 volts +- .002V
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

I hope you didn't buy your multimeter from me otherwise I'll have to replace it. The factory charge of the PD's is 3.625 volts +- .002V
    Ok great ill use the soshine charger from now on. That's a massive difference in times.
    I checked the charge of the batts in my provari, not a multimeter and it was before I cleaned the inside contact, I dnt think it was reading correctly, been a while since i gave it a good clean. .
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    The provari checks conditions under a slight load sometimes. The only person I know that could explain why is Stoney but he's not around lately (besides passing a decent V for poor contacts etc.) so the V reading will always be lower under these conditions.

Faster doesn't necessarily mean better though, just more convenient. The sysmax (nitecore) is a pretty useful charger at times and at a decent price, just haven't been able to find an Australian distributor with legitimate ozzie approval for it yet.
    Last edited by supersports600; 12-12-13 at 01:50 AM. Reason: clarify sysmax

Well I brought the nitecore as a backup to the soshine incase something happened. I thought we have backups for our mods but if the charger goes to shit, I'm stuffed. I liked the nitecore more and ended up using that instead.

Cheers for all ur help and service, it's no wonder ur the go to guy.
    supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Chargers Lithium Ion items on eBay Stores! for anyone in need of batts
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    Thanks lozza, make sure you let me know who you are next time you ask me a question on the bay because I've got a pile of test batteries here that I'm itching to send to a good home.
    lozza 82 and Gresh11 like this.

I'll remember that, cheers
    Vaping and Loving it

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

I'm not so sure those times mentioned are correct for the nitecore charger.
    If it is the I4 pro intellicharger, which is essentially the same as the Jetbeam I4 pro Interllicharger, then when you charge 2 batts at a time you can charge at full rate(or 1/2 rate)* but when you charge 4 batts, you will always be charging at half rate & doubling the charging time.

* The I4 pro has "paired" charging bays, which on the nitecore are bay's 1 & 3 and bays 2 & 4, so if you put batts into bays 1& 2 or bays 3&4 you will get full rate charging, put batts in 1& 3 or 2&4 & you will get 1/2 rate charging.

The Jetbeam (which I have) uses the same method of charging as the Nitecore but the paired bays are 1&2 and 3&4, which is a little more intuitive.
    I can recharge a fully discharged(used in my SVI V1 VV/VW mod, which has a low batt cut out) Sanyo UR18650F 2600mah batt in about 2 hours, at full rate.
    steve.c and maggie like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast