Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By himynameisbunny
  • 1 Post By himynameisbunny

Thread: Noble 1

Noble 1

Hi guys

Just received a Noble 1 today.

Wrapped a coil on SS mesh, 28g 3/4 wrap.

Hits really hard, good flavour and vapor production. I've noticed the battery tube gets quite warm very quickly. Not sure if this is a bad thing, or just heat transference from the coil as it is such a tiny mod. I'm using an Efest IMR 18350 battery, is this OK, or should I get something else (AW IMR 18350 maybe)?

Cheers
    Darren

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

No other Noble users out there?

Just don't want to blow my face off!

Cheers
    Darren

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

AVF Regular
    its getting warm cause you are running a sub ohm coil on a 18350 battery. 3/4 wraps of 28g is only around 0.6ohms. You wanna target 5/6 wraps with 28g or 2/3 wraps with 30g to get 1 ohm.

AVF Regular
    Somebody who knows mechs better than I will rock up and elaborate further shortly, but I will say do not keep vaping that.

You're drawing way too much current for an 18350 to handle, which is why it's getting so hot.

For a sub-ohm coil you will need a high-load 18650 or similar.

Do you have a ohm-meter you can use? If not I recommend buying one and learning how much amps your builds are drawing before something bad happens.
    steve.c likes this.

I used a multimeter, as it's a hybrid and can't be put on an ohm meter. It came out at 1.3 ohms on the multi, maybe the multi is no good, it's only a cheapie.

Cheers
    Darren

AVF Regular
    I'd check the multimeters internal resistance. Touch the probes together and see what reading you get. Whatever you get there will need to be subtracted from the reading on your atty to get the actual resistance.

At any rate if you're not doing it on a regulated mod or a Kick I wouldn't be using 18350s with that build
    steve.c likes this.

The Noble is all aluminium and heat transference will occur more rapidly, the same happens with mine.
    I would say the multimeter is giving you an incorrect end result, start with the meter by putting the probes together and taking that reading first, it should be zero!
    But if not you will have to take that reading and subtract that from the reading from the coil to give you a true value!
    To be on the safe side I wouldn't be running sub ohms with an 18350 anyway, try some 30g wire, it's not as thick and heats quicker, also try for around 1.3~1.4 ohms on your Noble, for a great vape