Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I clear 30s Burning liquid

I clear 30s Burning liquid

Hi all. My iclears 2ohm running between 8 & 10 watts on my SVD seems to burn my liquid after about half a tank.

Anyone else find this. I have a half half mix of caramel bacco and vanilla bean in it.

My 3ohm carto tanks don't do this.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    drop the wattage down, they are dual coil and get hotter.
    Robray and Pleski like this.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

AVF Regular
    Yeah I run mine between 6-7 watts. seems to get the best flavour for me and a satisfying vape on the vamo. Can also chain vape without getting any burnt taste.
    Last edited by D3AB; 15-12-13 at 09:09 AM.

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

I thought that might be it. Maybe I should stop listening to pbusardo. Lol.

I should be able to rinse it out and get another run out of that head like a carto tube, right ?

AVF Regular
    If you can see what condition the wick is In and its not too burnt you should be fine. I never really understood how they have their atty's on such high wattage.. maybe it has something to do with what mode its set on??
    Maybe someone can chime in. I'm still new to it all.

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

If the coil is well wicked and they take one or two hits it's fine at higher wattage. It's only when you start sucking away like some desperate teenager that you eventually run your coils dry as the wicks cant keep up and it eventually starts to burn.

You must have noticed how the first toot on a device in the morning is full of vapey goodness because its so well wicked from sitting around all night. Crank your wattage up to 11 for that very 1st toot of the day and see what happens. it goes great with your coffee....
    Last edited by Blow Vapor; 15-12-13 at 10:59 AM. Reason: shitty spelling
    Robray likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Blow Vapor View Post
    If the coil is well wicked and they take one or two hits it's fine at higher wattage. It's only when you start sucking away like some desperate teenager that you eventually run your coils dry as the wicks cant keep up and it eventually starts to burn.

You must have noticed how the fist toot an a device in the morning is full of vapey goodness because its so well wicked from sitting around all night. Crank your wattage up to 11 for that very 1st toot of the day and see what happens. it goes great with your coffee....
    I almost choke on my first toot of the day.... a first up hard hit would leave me coughing!

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Just to add, I think the iClear 30s is a great design and works well, but it does need to be turned down. I vape everything around 10-12 watts but the 30s at about 8 or 9. I dont usually use clearos. But I wanted to find somthing for people that will just work from the getgo... I think this could be it. And I love the carto style... Should makes custome tanks prolific.

Quote Originally Posted by Blow Vapor View Post
    Just to add, I think the iClear 30s is a great design and works well, but it does need to be turned down. I vape everything around 10-12 watts but the 30s at about 8 or 9. I dont usually use clearos. But I wanted to find somthing for people that will just work from the getgo... I think this could be it. And I love the carto style... Should makes custome tanks prolific.
    Yeah the highest I vape their clearos at is 8.5W.
    There's a reason why the new fixed power device (innokin coolfire 1) is locked to a constant 8W, it's about the right setting for the iclear clearomizers (well the old dual top coil i16 and i30 anyway - haven't tried the 30s or new BDC)
    Blow Vapor likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast