Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Power supply and charger questions?

Power supply and charger questions?

In regard to chargers for ecigs, are the connections the same as any other devices non vaping related?

The ego thread?
    The MVP pin?

In regard to electricity power plugs that are USB female, can any of these accept any USB male and are therefore interchageable with non vaping devices?

In other words, I am asking if I couldn't get a vaping specific charger, could I buy something else that would also do the job?

Thanks in anticipation.
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    This is generally when we hear another story in the media about an exploding ecig.

Stick to the correct chargers

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Thanks sign me up. But when the charger part that you got with the battery melts, you need to get a replacement so that's why I'm asking.

AVF Regular
    I use my i phone charger
    Donna likes this.

AVF Regular
    The MVP is just a regular micro USB input. Same as some phones/cameras etc and is interchangeable. The charge circuit is built into the MVP.
    Donna likes this.

Thanks suckitin and Dicko, that answers my questions.

Retired Account
    Donna, did your MVP charger cable melt? Can you tell us what happened please? Might be really valuable to other people.
    Robray and margyb like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Donna, did your MVP charger cable melt? Can you tell us what happened please? Might be really valuable to other people.
    I agree Mrs Gruffy
    I bought an MVP from Fastech which I haven't tried to recharge yet as I have only used it a couple of times

Yes what happened Donna and where did you get your MVP from??
    Might be a manufacturing problem??

No Mrs G, my Ego one. It melted the charger part around the light, no other damage though. In fact I thought it just stopped working at first because no lights came on but then I had a better look and saw the melted plastic.

In hindsight though, I think it was/is the battery which caused it. I have noticed that it warms much more in comparison to my other two ego batteries when charging (even on a different charger than the one that melted). Obviously I am not now using the battery or the power supply that were attached to the charger that melted.

I used to charge my batteries overnight but now I do it during the day when I am home on a power point that is not near any person but that I can keep an eye on.

When I got a replacement charger and power supply for the one that melted from an Australian Vendor, it was exactly the same as the one that failed so I was hoping I could buy one that is not vaping related and may be better quality. It seems there are options with the MVP connection but not the Ego connection?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    usb output (ie the female side) will be the same voltage whatever the device it came with. your lead from the usb socket to the device is simply an adapter lead and won't play with the power. If your transformer melted it's either a faulty device or transformer. If you plug it into an iPhone transformer or whatever be on with losing that one too if your De vice caused it and I would make sure the circuit you plug it into is protected ( ie earth leakage device on circuit in mains board or the house is protected).
    Donna likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast