Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blaktop

Thread: Is my eGo charger stuffed?

AVF Regular

Is my eGo charger stuffed?

I have 2 eGo chargers, the little USB ones. Every night I put my eGo Twist 1100 into one and my eGo Spinner 1300 into the other. They keep me and SWMBO going for the day. The other day the Twist ran out of charge well before normal, so, thinking I'd just used it more than I thought (I take them both to work, one with my all day vape and the twist with something else for a bit of variety....the twist generally doesn't get much use till the wife takes it over after work), I plugged it into the charger. Next day on the way to work it went flat after a few dozen vapes.

I figured it was cactus and ordered a new Vision Spinner. That night I plugged my trust eGo spinner into the same charger and the next morning the light was still on (it goes off when it's charged). I put my multimeter across them both.....one is putting out 4.2v (which is what the specs say) and the other is only outputting 3.8v. Does that mean it's stuffed?

AVF Regular
    Ummm, now I'm getting confused. The one that is lower in output is plugged into a powered USB hub, the other one direct into the motherboard. So I plug the lower powered one into a powerpoint/USB adaptor and it puts out 4.2v.....back to the USB hub....and it's still putting out 4.2v. I'm wondering whether the USB hub is the cause.

AVF Regular
    go to a wall plug to double check

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    That what I did (powerpoint/USB adaptor....the one that came with the charger) and it showed 4.2v.....and now it shows 4.2 in the USB hub as well. Now that I think about it, I only plugged into the USB hub because I used the wall adaptor for my phone. Sometimes when my phone is connected to the USB hub it connects and reconnects numerous times......so it's looking like the USB hub may be the culprit.

Ah well, a good excuse to buy a nice shiny stainless Vision Spinner.....
    Altered1 likes this.

You might maintain 4.2v across both USB sources but I would be looking at your current more than anything.... USB hubs are notorious for charging/powering devices.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.