Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Calling Reo Mod Owners - Opinion and Recommendation Please

AVF Regular

Calling Reo Mod Owners - Opinion and Recommendation Please

I am in the process of getting a Reo Grand and have few emails exchanged with Rob to mill the juice well off so I can have normal dripper to be custom drilled to be a bottom feeder. I have a Cyclone BF and I am planning to use it first for Reo when it arrives.

I haven't drill out the Cyclone air hole but i would like to know from the Cyclone owners' experience if its standard air hole is big enough for a satisfying vape. I normally only vape with one 3mm air hole on my Atomic. I know it is very subjective but I'd just like to hear from your experience please.

Also with the Reo juice well milled out. Is anyone having the same setup? What are the negatives? Any leakages? According to Rob that should be no leaks if I only use BF RBA.

Cheers
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

AVF Regular

Calling Reo Mod Owners - Opinion and Recommendation Please

Hey, I can't comment on the well being milled off because I haven't done it, but I can't see any problem with it. I only get a drop of juice in there very rarely.
    I have the bf cyclone for my 2.1 and the original airhole was a little tight so I drilled it out a few .mm
    Was very easy to drill out.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Have you tried using other type of Atomiser (not rebuildable one) or cartomiser on it? My guessing was after milled off the well it might leak on carto or none rebuildable atomiser like VKS.

My purchase also included a Mini 2.1 for Mrs. She likes to vape when she lay on the bed before sleep. I hope there will be no leakages as I am only going to fit the Cyclone on Mini without milling off the well.

Quote Originally Posted by ssstahly View Post
    Hey, I can't comment on the well being milled off because I haven't done it, but I can't see any problem with it. I only get a drop of juice in there very rarely.
    I have the bf cyclone for my 2.1 and the original airhole was a little tight so I drilled it out a few .mm
    Was very easy to drill out.
    Quit on 10.06.2013

AVF Regular
    Hey, I don't have a cyclone, but I am probably buying a second Reo with the juicewell milled down. I want a Cyclone with an AFC cap on a grand.

I currently rock the Reomizer 2, cartos, and the occasional 306 atty. There is very minimal juice overflow into the cup itself. Most of it tends to get sucked back down into the bottle when you release the squonk.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    I dunno about the milled off catch cup, but a reo is my goto vape. REO grand and a mini with rm2s. Cannot beat them for portability and all day vape. I do have lots of tube mods which are more mucking around cloud chasing etc

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    porkchop likes this.

AVF Regular
    Haven't tried anything other than the cyclone bf. There is pretty much no chance if it leaking unless you squank too much and some comes out if the airhole. Pretty much a leakproof setup. I found a 1.4ohm microcoil with cotton to be the best setup in the cyclone. I was running 1.1ohm but was a little warm for the small chamber.
    porkchop likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Calling Fatman!

Super Moderator
    LOL I have been watching ... but not knowing the outcome of the milling , its a bit hard to advise on much , I also haven't done the Cyclone bit either , so the Fat is clueless

Seeeeeee .. I DONT know everything

EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

I have a Reo with a Cyclone BF and if I over squonk and get a dribble from the air hole, it just runs into the well instead of down the outside, just my 2 Cents
    porkchop likes this.

AVF Regular
    Great! I was thinking of using VKS Atomiser as a backup of Cyclone. By the way I have confirmed with Ben that Cyclone AFC + BF Cyclone will work on Reo if the well is milled down. So I am looking forward to it.

I was very struggling on getting Reo as I didn't like the look initially. I also did quite a bit of research (reading hundreds of ECF comments) although there weren't many youtube reviews on the customisation. The exchange rate was also a huge factor stopping me to get 2 Reos. But I thought getting 2 would avoid paying more shipping costs (which is always the scary part in getting stuffs from the States). At the end of the day the Reo Devil has killed off all my consciousness and I contacted Rob on customisation. Also bought a brass sheet for the kick, 2 BF Cyclone - one with AFC and another to drill out if Mrs complains about the air hole, couple of Lunar drip tips to match. Totally exceeded my regular vape budget right now.....I may need to sell an unused top feeding cyclone later to bring my deficit down a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynxa View Post
    Hey, I don't have a cyclone, but I am probably buying a second Reo with the juicewell milled down. I want a Cyclone with an AFC cap on a grand.

I currently rock the Reomizer 2, cartos, and the occasional 306 atty. There is very minimal juice overflow into the cup itself. Most of it tends to get sucked back down into the bottle when you release the squonk.
    Rynxa likes this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast