Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Aspire BDC Coil Lifespan

Aspire BDC Coil Lifespan

Well people just thought I'd put this up to see if those of you that use the Aspire BDC clearomizer coils are getting a similar lifespan??? Also do you tell they're on there way out the same way I do??? I normally get anywhere between 1 and 2 weeks out of these coils (2.2 Ohm). I normally find they get harder to drag on and it starts to gurgle. At $1:95 I find these little beauties value for money. Are any other vapers getting the same life out of their Aspires??? Also lifespan will depend on voltage and wattage as well as how much each of us vape.

AVF Regular
    I haven't had one die on me yet - still using the same oned as the day I got them (a couple months ago now), on at least half of the ones I got going. Others were changed out because of changing flavours, but a couple because they just got gunky and hard drawing - those ones on brown juices. I've boiled them but haven't bothered dry burning and reusing yet.
    Rossco likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    I haven't had one die on me yet - still using the same oned as the day I got them (a couple months ago now), on at least half of the ones I got going. Others were changed out because of changing flavours, but a couple because they just got gunky and hard drawing - those ones on brown juices. I've boiled them but haven't bothered dry burning and reusing yet.
    I give mine a rinse when I change juices, and have boiled a couple, (getting about 3 weeks so far before cleaning). Essie I wasn't aware that you could dry burn them, do you know if its the same process as a single coil?
    Rossco likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    I'm still using the same ones 2 months later. I have about 6 in rotation. I boil them and dry burn. Just pulse the battery over and over till the coil glows red, then blow off the gunk. Some people boil them again after dry burning for more thorough cleaning but I don't bother. Flavour is fine. I will say though, that nothing quite beats a brand new coil fresh out of the pack. Same as any other coil.
    gregds, margyb, spud and 2 others like this.

Since starting to vape in October I've only thrown out one coil but I'm not using the aspire, I'm using the Vision VPure .. they're grear but I've lost 2 tanks to 'volatile' juice so wary what I use in them now... the coils I just rinse and soak in boiling water ev'ry few days and let them air dry and only dry burnt a couple which had been used for dark, syruppy juice

Oops, sorry OT, didn't notice the subject was aspires !
    Last edited by maggie; 29-12-13 at 02:49 PM.
    margyb and Rossco like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I'm using the Vision VPure .. !
    Any links to these maggie ?

I bought mine from Ecigsa . the only other place I've seen them is Heavens Gifts... no other local vendor seems to have them, they use the same coils as the Vision Victory 5ml which I also have but never use 'cos the so bluddy big & ugly looking ..LOL!

I bought mine from Ecigsa . the only other place I've seen them is Heavens Gifts... no other local vendor seems to have them, they use the same coils as the Vision Victory 5ml which I also have but never use 'cos they're so bluddy big & and; ugly looking ..LOL!
    margyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    I'm still using the same ones 2 months later. I have about 6 in rotation. I boil them and dry burn. Just pulse the battery over and over till the coil glows red, then blow off the gunk. Some people boil them again after dry burning for more thorough cleaning but I don't bother. Flavour is fine. I will say though, that nothing quite beats a brand new coil fresh out of the pack. Same as any other coil.
    Thanks Rose, I wasn't sure if it was the same as dry burning a single coil I'm one that boils after dry burning, they come up good as a new coil
    Rose likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    I was watching a review on YouTube about the coils and they canvassed ten users all saying out of a 5 pack atleast 2 were bung coils I guess you guys aren't having those experiences.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast