Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Protank Woes (

AVF Regular

Protank Woes (

I think I've spat the dummy at these protanks. Dropped protank and spinner whilst getting out the car and of course glass cracked.

Also am sick of rebuilding every 3 days because not getting enough plume or burnt taste from gunk although when they start off they are fine.

I have a mini vivi nova that i use for stealth situations and the coil just goes on forever (and i can rebuild them) and always get clouds and have just ordered another for backup.

I wonder if its something about the bottom coil design, maybe the coil always being soaked in juice reduces its lifetime or something, am not sure. Has anybody else found this ?

AVF Regular
    Nope, not yet. But I haven't rebuilt any either, just recycle them.
    Rhojin likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    What..wash and dry burn ? The dropping is just me coz i drive with it in-between my knees and then forget when i get out.

I sometimes get a bit annoyed having to rebuild the bottom feeders every couple days, but (as I've told everyone a billion times) I still think that the evod is the most efficient bottom fed atomizer for the price. They rarely seem to screw up, you can rebuild them if need be, they do leak (everything leaks) but overall, 90 percent of the time they just work
    aniangel likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yup.
    I've dropped them a couple of times, but have been lucky, too.

I do find that on the Grippers, they tend to run quite hot, but very differently on MVPs.

Then again, I've also learned that brown juices aren't very good for any coils I have.
    Rhojin likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Not the solution to the problem you're looking for - but have you considered putting it on a lanyard or something when you drive? It looks dorky as hell, but you're only driving. You can always take it off once you get out.
    Crisscross and tugboatofdeath like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

I got 2 protanks because I like the evods so much...but yes for some unknown reason they're really tedious. I can take a perfect head out of a working Evod and it will flood in the Protank.

I love them when they're good... but they've been in the drawer for weeks now because it's hard work to find the medium between dry and gurgle. Still don't know why this is when the Evods just kick along week after week so reliably.

As for life of the coil, I don't find they gunk up that quickly personally. A thick dark juice will do it, but a quick clean and dry burn and we're all good.
    maggie likes this.

AVF Regular
    Evods..pro tanks..the coils are the same an are fine if you vape clear juice....absolute shit for anything tobacco related...one day max then have to replace that floating wick...or replace with new one...work fantastic for first few hows then its shitsville ....maybe the duel coil ones out recently might be better...
    tugboatofdeath likes this.

AVF Regular
    I actually like the design and i think they look great, but my faves are tobaccos and desserts so I accept that coils won't last as long, patience has just worn thin. I even reckon the mini vivi's are better than the full size ones and I have no idea why, maybe just wick better because of the size.

I like the mini protank, had no issues except always replacing coils, no gurgles or leaking. You can clean and dry burn the coil/wick but it doesn't seem to give a lot more life before the taste/flavour gets reduced again. Seems the bigger brother the protank has issues though with leaking/gurgling, from what I've read. Tugboat if you're running out of patience, might be time to go up a level in equipment, you can only go so far with clearo's/tanks, they do a fine job but they have limitations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast