Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Am I missing out?

AVF Regular

Am I missing out?

Hey all,

I just have a question. I've been vaping for 4 months and am quite happy with my set up. But I see the mods everyone else is using and I wonder if they are really that much better?

I use a Vision spinner at 4.0 Volts with a Kanger Evod on top. I get 2.5 ohm coils from Vapeking and go through 2 or 3 of those a week. I'ma bit of a chain vaper. I'm quite happy with my vaping setup, but wonder if it would be that much of a better experience if I got say, a ProVari with a Protank on top.

What say you?

And is there any way to make the evod coils last longer, or should I just chuck them out after 4 days of use?

Happy New Year
    essiemessy, oogy and Donna like this.

Super Moderator
    I don't believe you're missing out if you're happy with your setup. A mod is just a (slightly) different battery after all The life of your coils is dependent on the juice you use.

HNY
    essiemessy likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    It's what works for you. if you want bigger and shinier stuff, then by all means, get something bigger.

You could go down to a lower resistance coil, and run the spinner at 3.7 volts - it would last a bit longer between charges

Your coils should also last a bit longer - what juice are you vaping, and have you tried cleaning and dry burning ?

HNY!

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Quote Originally Posted by Shpondra View Post
    Hey all,

I just have a question. I've been vaping for 4 months and am quite happy with my set up. But I see the mods everyone else is using and I wonder if they are really that much better?

I use a Vision spinner at 4.0 Volts with a Kanger Evod on top. I get 2.5 ohm coils from Vapeking and go through 2 or 3 of those a week. I'ma bit of a chain vaper. I'm quite happy with my vaping setup, but wonder if it would be that much of a better experience if I got say, a ProVari with a Protank on top.

What say you?

And is there any way to make the evod coils last longer, or should I just chuck them out after 4 days of use?

Happy New Year
    If you're not the type to be already considering rebuilding your evod coils, or aren't thinking about drippers, then I say you're not missing out with mods, especially if you're happy right now.

I get a pretty satisfying vape from a spinner and an aspire BDC mini nova glassomizer as well.
    I'm always wanting to tinker though, and personally not happy with protanks, and I always would rather rebuild on the cheap or something, rather than buy a new head. So the aspire only gets infrequent use, but it sounds like you aren't like that. No problem, keep on as you are then.

I don't see the point of a mod and using clearos myself, though many like the innokin VV/VW and clearos, so maybe people like me are in the minority, we just talk more on forums
    As well as that, the provari is pricey, maybe see if you can get one s/h and then sell it at no loss if you don't think it was worthwhile? Maybe just think about it and see if one comes up, if one doesn't, then don't worry about it.
    Last edited by coopz; 31-12-13 at 04:57 PM.

AVF Regular
    If it's working, Hun, there's no good reason to buy up mods. But if you enjoy mods, or are curious enough, why not?
    I've arrived at my sweet spot for gear (and found myself happy with pretty basic stuff), and have given the rest away, or sold for a song for the next owner to do the same when they're done. See if you can find something cheap in the classies if you're curious.
    Oh, and I still use eGos, too.
    gtadmin and RichoVonBlack like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    I use similar....Vision Fatboy Spinner and Evod. I get a couple of weeks out of my coils (1.8ohm.......which generally ends up being 1.9-2.0). As they "wear out" I boost the voltage up a bit, give them a dry burn or two and then either drop a new factory one in or do a rebuild. If it works for that's great. I'm in a similar boat in that I wonder of I'm missing out.....but then I'm pretty happy with what I have.....it's easy to suffer from FOMO (fear of missing out) disease.

What are the symptoms when they wear out. I find with the Evods you have to clean the air holes regularly or the drag gets very tight.
    essiemessy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Imminent attack of shinyitis coming.....only known cure.....buy mods...shiny sparkly mods.......

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

AVF Regular
    I suppose it all depends on what you want vaping to do for you. I use spinners and carto tanks with mvp's as my home device and am perfectly happy buying new tanks for variety. Every so often i get bored and need to have a play with something new just to keep the interest level up. Because I am comparing the new thing with gear I am completely familiar with the new gear rarely comes up trumps. So I just put it away and go back to my regular setup. I have no expectation of a better vape I just know that I need to have a look at some new gear every 6months.

If you want something new just get it but keep your existing gear as first reserves. You may go back.
    Rose, spud and maggie like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PHUCKDUP2 View Post
    Imminent attack of shinyitis coming.....only known cure.....buy mods...shiny sparkly mods.......
    With you on that one..have now saved enough by vaping and get a vamo v4 more for the pose factor.Still get the satisfaction from the trusty old ego
    But will buy more like many on AVF.....CAUSE I CAN....
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yes you are missing out on heaps of vaping goodness. The shinier the better the vape.
    kritikal likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast