Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Olfella

Thread: Premade wick 'n' wire

Premade wick 'n' wire

I'm interested in learning how to build coils etc and wondering if these premades are a place for me to start, has anyone here used them, what d'you think? I only have half a thumb on my right hand ..( the result of an industrial accident years ago ) and thought this would help me ease my way into it. I'm in the Kayfun co-op too ..would these be okay to use on that too as well as Evod coils etc.? Thanks for any advice I/A

maggie I have some fasttech premade ones here if you want to try some..just pm me with addy and will send some in the mail NEXT year
    I think I used 1 or 2 early on but was not really that impressed..
    But to be honest if you are going to use a kayfun you really should make your own coils,test the ohms etc then wick with cotton wool (boiled and dried of course)
    You will need some kanthal wire (28 or 30 ) something to check your ohms with (multi meter,v/v mod or ohm reader) small blowtorch to torch wire (or gas ring I suppose) small screwdriver (or similar) to wrap wire around...Most of this stuff can be purchased fairly cheap..FT..Then spend heaps of time watching you tube vids on making coils etc etc..
    Then get stuck in and give it a go...
    We are here to help you ..
    I am sure I have missed something some where and someone will come along and correct me.. had a few so eh
    gtadmin likes this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    Hi Maggie,

If you have learned to cope with the missing thumb for your everyday life, then I can't see building your own coils as being much more of a challenge. Once you get the hang of it, it is relatively easy. I'd say if you can use a screw driver with your other hand, you should be right.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Thanks guys, 30g wire is already ordered and I have cotton wool ( organic ) also have ohm meter and all the tools I need ( hubby's got the lot) ..thanks Olfella, I appreciate that, got lots of old coils to practice on and watched lots of vids ... pm on it's way