Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Kayfun 3.1 gurgle problem

Kayfun 3.1 gurgle problem

Hi guys,

Super excited to receive my KF 3.1 (only a clone though), set it up 1.2 ohm 30ga microcoil on cotton.
    Fill it up, screw top cap quarter way, twist it upside down while holding airhole with thumb, tighten top cap, release airhole.

Done filling, few drags, it gurgles!! Anyone knows why?

Cheers.

They gurgle and leak when you top fill. Well, the genuine ones do, don't know about the clones. Either that or a poor build with cotton that's blocking the juice channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Juzm View Post
    They gurgle and leak when you top fill. Well, the genuine ones do, don't know about the clones. Either that or a poor build with cotton that's blocking the juice channels.
    I youtubed top filling and Pbusardo suggested that technique mentioned in OP, guess it didn't work for me?

AVF Regular
    Simplistic answer... but since it's a 3.1, why not just use the filling port?
    Juzm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by luntingsir View Post
    Simplistic answer... but since it's a 3.1, why not just use the filling port?
    I guess I'm just lazy, squeezing juice from bottle from top is much easier compared to sucking it to syringe, unscrew fill hole, fill, put back the screw.
    But if that's the only way to go then I dont have much choice

My 3.1 fill port on the clone doesn't work and I had to fill from top. If you search on here for KayFun manuals I put a post up in the technical section which has all the "shop manuals". You just need to be very quick when you fill as they work on pressure and if you don't have a sealed unit it will leak.

Gurgling would mean to much juice getting into the evaporation chamber. You might not have enough cotton in there to soak up all the juice. They can take quite a bit, you just need to be sure you don't block the channels. That or you may have the air control up to high and be sucking extra juice into the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by gerzzzzz View Post
    I guess I'm just lazy, squeezing juice from bottle from top is much easier compared to sucking it to syringe, unscrew fill hole, fill, put back the screw.
    But if that's the only way to go then I dont have much choice
    The airflow is the screw. The fill hole is the little hole with a bearing in it.

AVF Regular
    I had a real pineapplepineapplepineapplepineapplepineapple of a time with leaking when I first got my 3.1, can't remember what the fuk I did to make it work all right
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pueronline View Post
    The airflow is the screw. The fill hole is the little hole with a bearing in it.
    Ha! My laziness saved me from filling juice to airflow control hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Pueronline View Post
    That or you may have the air control up to high and be sucking extra juice into the chamber.
    Care to elaborate more? Sorry I'm too noob to understand it.
    avtek likes this.

AVF Regular
    Blow it out and see how it goes. Blow in drip tip and put a tissue over the air intake hole (middle one). Sometimes upsidedown helps, well on the real one it works at times.

Plus all of the above mentioned suggestions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast