Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Drip tips unpredictable?

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

Drip tips unpredictable?

Got 6 types so far (15 total). All SS. Waiting for a glass one.
    Can't seem to find a real pattern of what to expect for flavour.

On very low wattage(3), which seems to be my thing on an I-atty, long drip tips(50mm+) work great. Short not so well. Wide air hole and short not that good too.

On 4-5w on kraken, long drip tips don't work so well. The drip tip that came with I-atty works great which is fairly short and small air hole.

On 5-6w kayfun everything works. Long is great but short is good and small or wide air hole all works.

Anyone know how and what to expect with drip tips or is it better to expect randomness and buy and try everything?

I think I have an understanding of how to predict but kraken brings it into doubt.
    Last edited by sushiaddiction; 03-01-14 at 09:34 AM.

]6⁹.12[

AVF Regular
    I believe that is why there are so many variations mate... for just this reason.

I have a plastic tip, and a short wide SS tip that I use on my rsst, and the vape tastes different

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

My favourite drip tip is the one that comes with the fogger. I use it on everything. I've been scouring fasttech for something similar, I also really like the one that comes with the nimbus clones as well, they just have the perfect draw to them and the little wider bit at the end. I recall you posting about super long drip tips in another thread? I can see how you would get a better flavour with the vapour having a wee bit of time to cool down before it hits your throat so I might have to give em a go!

AVF Regular
    yo be careful with those long drip tips dan - when you first start using them you forget how long they are and smash them into yer teeth - true story!

Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    yo be careful with those long drip tips dan - when you first start using them you forget how long they are and smash them into yer teeth - true story!
    That happened last night, with my kayfun driptip (do not like), I just sort of forgot where my face was -_-
    Fatman, avtek, steve.c and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanGibson View Post
    That happened last night, with my kayfun driptip (do not like), I just sort of forgot where my face was -_-
    That was too funny . Had a few near misses. May use it as an indicator of when it's time too sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by DanGibson View Post
    My favourite drip tip is the one that comes with the fogger. I use it on everything. I've been scouring fasttech for something similar, I also really like the one that comes with the nimbus clones as well, they just have the perfect draw to them and the little wider bit at the end. I recall you posting about super long drip tips in another thread? I can see how you would get a better flavour with the vapour having a wee bit of time to cool down before it hits your throat so I might have to give em a go!
    Has a logo hope it's not laser etched. Buying to see
    $2.67 Stainless Steel Caravela 510 Drip Tip at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

longer then the one on the fogger. I don't like.
    $2.05 Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tip at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

]6⁹.12[

I like the look of the little caravela one, just not the logo lol. looks smaller than the fogger drip tip actually, you'll have to post in here when you get it and tell us what the draw is like!

Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    I believe that is why there are so many variations mate... for just this reason.

I have a plastic tip, and a short wide SS tip that I use on my rsst, and the vape tastes different
    By that logic > buy everything I like the look of

I don't mind trying all tips on a new atty. What gets me is what to buy and buying too many. They are cheap. How many is too many, 30?. Already got 3 I'll probably never use.
    I guess I wanted to hear what other people are using and what they think to give me ideas.

e.g. by your post I will buy one plastic tip to test.
    DanGibson likes this.

]6⁹.12[

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sushiaddiction View Post
    Got 6 types so far (15 total). All SS. Waiting for a glass one.
    Can't seem to find a real pattern of what to expect for flavour.

On very low wattage(3), which seems to be my thing on an I-atty, long drip tips(50mm+) work great. Short not so well. Wide air hole and short not that good too.

On 4-5w on kraken, long drip tips don't work so well. The drip tip that came with I-atty works great which is fairly short and small air hole.

On 5-6w kayfun everything works. Long is great but short is good and small or wide air hole all works.

Anyone know how and what to expect with drip tips or is it better to expect randomness and buy and try everything?

I think I have an understanding of how to predict but kraken brings it into doubt.
    The cherryvape plastic drip tips are great quality imo. Very comfortable and good quality feel to them, a bit more expensive but i think ill pick up a few more. As far as taste difference goes, i dont know if ive noticed much difference. But i maybe youll notice it.
    Cherry Vape | e Cigarette

Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    The cherryvape plastic drip tips are great quality imo. Very comfortable and good quality feel to them, a bit more expensive but i think ill pick up a few more. As far as taste difference goes, i dont know if ive noticed much difference. But i maybe youll notice it.
    Cherry Vape | e Cigarette
    I'll hold out a bit until I can find a few things to go with it to keep postage down. I prefer plain stainless. Next is simple glass. I'll still buy stuff even if I don't like the look and it works good. Don't have anything with that bottom bulb yet.
    Have a similar drip tip but in stainless that came with the Davide that I bought. I imagine these would give a different vape again. It does have a straight hole. What about Cherry, straight hole?

What I'm really looking forward to is https://www.fasttech.com/p/1522604
    It has a larger chamber going to a smaller one and then gets larger again. Usually this very slightly cools and creates larger droplets.

EDIT> like this http://www.vapebar.com.au/tapas-drip-tip/
    but the price is WTF
    Last edited by sushiaddiction; 03-01-14 at 12:14 PM.

]6⁹.12[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast