Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: RBA for out n'bout

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

RBA for out n'bout

Bought a kayfun lite clone but can't get it to work on low wattage like a genny.
    With a genny you can get lots of juice to the coil but it leaks on it's side.

Rebuilt the kayfun many times and realised I'll never fully achieve what I need.
    I'm using cotton (ball) wick on a genny that stops just before the tank. Very pleased with the result on genny in the 3-5w range with 36g mostly or 34g kanthal. 34g on the kayfun, 5-6w range and it's always on the dry side.

Is there an RBA that will get lots of juice to coil and not leak when you lay it sideways?

]6⁹.12[

You do realise you're going to get the GG boys posting a lot in this thread now don't you?
    Duke916 likes this.

GG? Sounds like you are suggesting fanboy alert.
    EDIT>Ah Ithaka. off to find internal pictures.>>> NR-R-NR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Last edited by sushiaddiction; 05-01-14 at 02:19 PM.

]6⁹.12[

You could always try an Oddy or clone of..
    Terminator R/A Tank V2- Large-Plastic Tank
    More of a pain to setup (NR/R wire coils needed, but you can adjust the juice flow. And they don't leak

Quote Originally Posted by sushiaddiction View Post
    GG? Sounds like you are suggesting fanboy alert.
    EDIT>Ah Ithaka. off to find internal pictures.>>> NR-R-NR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Using one right now with the 2.2 ohm premade NR-R-NR wires from fasttech.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    How are you building the Kayfun?

My favorite out and about setup is a micro stick with kayfun 2.1 at about 0.9ohm via a micro coil of 28g wrapped around an 18g needle and some cotton through the guts. Awesome little pocket friendly stealthy setup.
    Pueronline likes this.

Thanks for looking davee. I really should have pointed out in my first post, I am stubborn bastard that will avoid plastic and NR like the plague. I spent time doing fiddly stuff like that with wire as part of work. I'd live with the dryness of the kayfun before I touch that stuff. Plastic dislike is for other reasons.
    I'm shooting myself in foot here :/

Someone suggested avoiding getting wick anywhere near juice hole on kayfun. I'll try again soon. Keep wick to smallest size possible to reach next to juice holes. Switch from 3mm to 2.5mm.
    It's hard to do on kayfun but with genny you can use just enough cotton to not put pressure on coil and the vape is great. Stuff to much in and it tastes like cotton and does not give off as much vapour.
    davee likes this.

]6⁹.12[

CMB
    AVF Regular
    If you are using silica in the kayfun get some 1.5mm solid Ekowool, 2mm+ is too thick IMO. You want to have it so there is a little pool of juice in the bottom of the well, not stuffed with wick.

Give a micro coil with cotton a bash in he kayfun, they work really well with this setup. Again make sure the cotton is not blocking the channels and it will wick like a champ, much better than those golden goose atties.
    Adam and sushiaddiction like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    How are you building the Kayfun?

My favorite out and about setup is a micro stick with kayfun 2.1 at about 0.9ohm via a micro coil of 28g wrapped around an 18g needle and some cotton through the guts. Awesome little pocket friendly stealthy setup.
    was using 3mm, 34g cotton, 4 or 5 turns. Will use just under 2mm and move up from there next time.
    Always keep announcing my love of a cool vape, others must be sick of hearing it by now.
    My setup did end up with extra cotton near juice hole. I'll try to keep it close to the same thickness as what passes through the coil.

Probably easier for me to take a picture.
    Last edited by sushiaddiction; 05-01-14 at 02:57 PM.

]6⁹.12[

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    If you are using silica in the kayfun get some 1.5mm solid Ekowool, 2mm+ is too thick IMO. You want to have it so there is a little pool of juice in the bottom of the well, not stuffed with wick.

Give a micro coil with cotton a bash in he kayfun, they work really well with this setup. Again make sure the cotton is not blocking the channels and it will wick like a champ, much better than those golden goose atties.
    Thanks.
    No ekowool for me

Off to try again
    CMB likes this.

]6⁹.12[

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast