Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Fasttech coils NR-R-NR

Super Moderator

Fasttech coils NR-R-NR

hell for the price why wouldnt you try em LOL
    (ok they are nichrome, but meh so is 90% of the crap in chinese atties anyway )

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007182/1591703

Varying winds and resistances .. I bought 4 different lots
    200 coils for AU$11 shipped ( with registered mail)

1591701-2.jpg
    steve.c likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

1591701-2.jpg
    lol, I've already ordered some, good for recoiling protanks,evods, less fiddling around, still be making my own for the RBAs because its fun, recoiling protanks and evods is just a pain.
    Fatman likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Just a warning these are too short for GG style atomizers.

EDIT: I mean the FT ready made wires. Not sure about these but be cautious before stocking up.
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    lol, I've already ordered some, good for recoiling protanks,evods, less fiddling around, still be making my own for the RBAs because its fun, recoiling protanks and evods is just a pain.
    exactly my thoughts lol
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    Just a warning these are too short for GG style atomizers.

EDIT: I mean the FT ready made wires. Not sure about these but be cautious before stocking up.
    Not too short for ithaka clone if you're not fussy, YMMV for the real deal atty.
    I bought some for the ithaka clone, got the 2.2ohm ones (so I could do 1.1 ohm dual coil)
    Tried them out with a single x coil, wire long enough to get 3/4 the way around the post. Flavour and taste slightly better than i could get with self twisted joins.
    So did a dual coil, and works just as good. Easier in fact as you only need to get around each side of the post and twist them together for an even better connection than a 3/4 single wire wrap.
    You can't be too greedy with them, like the weld join has to be on the edge of the cup to make the distance around the posts (so you lose one wrap - ie. half a wrap from each end)
    But easy to do, way easier than recoiling a clearo IMO.
    The NR part is 30mm a side, and ideally I'd like 40mm, but 5mm would be cut off I reckon, So I'd rate them as 5mm too short in a perfect world, but certainly do- able if you put the weld join on the edge of the cup and lose 1/2 a wrap each side.
    Done much harder things in my life LOL.

E: these ones https://www.fasttech.com/p/1521200
    sku1521200 is case the link didn't work.

1591701-2.jpg
    I think they are 3mm dia, IMO too big for clearos where you'd want 2mm dia to fit and for wick
    Last edited by coopz; 06-01-14 at 02:41 AM.

Ah ok, not sure about clones.

Yeah if you can, get wires long enough that you can get a full turn (or at least half a turn) of NR wire on the wick in the cup so you completely eliminate any hot R wire taste and also to take pressure off the joins which can be fragile.

Yeah, that would be best. Just wanted to try it out compared to self twist join wire. For $4 it was worth a try. Ended up better than self twist that had even more hot R wire taste as the joins (E: in the FT wire) are small and all Res wire under the wick at least, but I know what you're saying. E: like I said, 40mm NR legs would have been ideal.
    Last edited by coopz; 06-01-14 at 03:02 AM.

AVF Regular
    Anyone used Fasttech's pre-made wires and wicks? $2.26 Pre-made Wires and Wicks for Atomizer (50-Pack) 50-pack - 33 AWG / 1.8ohm / 1-wick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I was on their site ordering a few things yesterday and bought a some of these in different sizes/ohm levels.

I haven't used a rebuildable before and have a Kayfun Lite and a Z Atty waiting to be used

I'm thinking these pre-mades may be ok to practice with before I start winding my own - any thoughts?

AVF Regular

1591701-2.jpg
    So these are the right coil for the evod/pt? What difference does the nr/r make?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    So these are the right coil for the evod/pt? What difference does the nr/r make?
    the no resistance part means that JUST the resistance wire will glow when power is applied ... i.e. the coil area .... so you are not heating up the whole wire as you would be if it were all nichrome ( or kanthal) ... its good for devices where posts etc arent close to the coil ,like ceramic cups etc ... you dont have to worry about "hot legs " .
    In things like protank coils etc you are not gonna burn the rubber insulators which hold the wires to the body or centrepin to make contact .

Think of it like the filament in an old style light globe ... the NR is like the stalks that hold the filament , the R is the filament that heats up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast