Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Mod advice

AVF Regular

Mod advice

Ok so a mate has decided he wants to get on the vape train. He's had a few puffs of mine now and then but then he tried the kafun & cotton set up and was sold. Said he wants that and asked me to order it all for him. I know its a pretty advanced device to start with but I'll be able to sit down and talk him through building coils and explain everything.

I've only ever used a Provari, so i dont really know too much about the others out there but looking for something inexpensive but decent quality.

I was thinking the SVD, but open to ideas. Needs to fit 18650 and 18500.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Vamo if you want to sub the 18500 with 18350 (can double stack em in 18650 mode) Cheap too

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Yep, I would recommend the Vamo, even though you can't use the 18500s.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

Cool

The svd and fogger was my first proper mod setup, I've gotten a few friends onto mods because they just weren't impressed enough with the egos. However much time you think you'll need to spend teaching them the setup, triple it, and then add on for the random facebook messages every couple days >_<
    I reckon the most important thing for a newbie to focus on is coil and wick setup. You sorta figure everything else out on the way but you won't have a truly awesome vape till you get that right

edit - I LIE!!!! I ACTUALLY HAD A VAMO FIRST!!!!

Nem clone from VapingMad brass version has smoother threads i have both the SS and brass both solid mods and a nice price.

I don't use my kayfun on the svd because it's too damn big! For this combo I'd look for something a bit shorter... A sigelei zmax perhaps or the innokin mvp if he doesn't mind the box mod style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mechs are what all the cool kids are doing....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    Ok so a mate has decided he wants to get on the vape train. He's had a few puffs of mine now and then but then he tried the kafun & cotton set up and was sold. Said he wants that and asked me to order it all for him. I know its a pretty advanced device to start with but I'll be able to sit down and talk him through building coils and explain everything.

I've only ever used a Provari, so i dont really know too much about the others out there but looking for something inexpensive but decent quality.

I was thinking the SVD, but open to ideas. Needs to fit 18650 and 18500.
    personally i think you're opening a door you wont be able to close

give your mate advice, guide him, but let him do the ordering. start him off on some sort of clearo and an ego and a variety of juice to get him started. let him decide on what he wants from there as each individual has their own preferences regardless of what others have.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Nem clone from VapingMad brass version has smoother threads i have both the SS and brass both solid mods and a nice price.
    again, it's my opinion, but starting off anew vaper with a mech mod and RBA's may be a bit too much too soon.
    dhans and avtek like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs-81 View Post
    I don't use my kayfun on the svd because it's too damn big! For this combo I'd look for something a bit shorter... A sigelei zmax perhaps or the innokin mvp if he doesn't mind the box mod style.
    wont sit flush on the zmax i dont think as the 510 connection is a touch raised - also re the mvp it looks a bit weird and unbalanced sitting on top as the kayfun dwarfs it -

also btw it wont fit "in" the vtr and has to sit on top - again looking a bit weird

its a good question sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    its a good question sign me up!
    Yeah it is... I only use mine on a mech for the reasons you've mentioned. Just doesn't look or fit right on anything else. Probly out of budget, but a kayfun mini?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pueronline likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast