Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DogMan

Thread: Ohm Resistance in Kanger EVOD

Ohm Resistance in Kanger EVOD

Afternoon!

So I have decided to get myself a Kanger EVOD (I am not ready for a fully fledged lightsaber mod creation yet) and I see that there are a few different options in terms of resistance from piece to piece. So I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the different coils? I understand that lower resistance coils create more heat but I have also heard that this is not always desirable because if the cartomiser cant bring in enough juice then you can slightly burn the e liquid. I believe the range is 1.5 - 2.8 ohms for the EVOD series. Any knowledge on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

AVF Regular
    go lower ohms on a lighter weight battery - i.e. ego type

I use 1.8 ohm coils in the T3S clearo - very similar to Evod

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    i try to stick to 2-2.2 ohm coils in everything i get. works for me.

AVF Regular
    i have evods and on an ego battery i use 1.8, i find that more rollie like for an analogue analogy, and the 2.2+ more like tailor mades in the draw
    gtadmin likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

I like evods the bottom coil suits me a lot better I think the most popular resistance is as mentioned above because it works well with an ego or a mod ect as you can dial in the volts or watts accordingly. I use my 1.8 ohms evods at around 3.8 volts maybe a bit higher or lower depending on the juice, but if your on an ego that's about the right resistance I reckon.

^^^^what they said. 1.8 would be good if you are using a non variable battery.

I like recommending the evods. They do a great job. And the coil heads are very easy to rebuild and reuse if you're so inclined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    i have evods and on an ego battery i use 1.8, i find that more rollie like for an analogue analogy, and the 2.2+ more like tailor mades in the draw
    I like this analogy ...

Quote Originally Posted by tjs-81 View Post
    ^^^^what they said. 1.8 would be good if you are using a non variable battery.

I like recommending the evods. They do a great job. And the coil heads are very easy to rebuild and reuse if you're so inclined
    1.8 ohms on an eGo works well, 2.2 at a pinch. Don't use 1.5 ohms, your juice is quite likely to burn and you are right on the edge of the amps that the control circuit of the eGo can handle without failing on.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet