Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Removing the top ring off my vtr .... Has anyone done it yet??????

AVF Regular

Removing the top ring off my vtr .... Has anyone done it yet??????

Hey guys I'm going to be cutting off the top ring off my vtr to fit my rbas and was wandering if anyone has done it already ???

AVF Regular
    Will you be able to fit them anyway because of the sides wall

AVF Regular
    Yeah I've seen pics on Ecf were a couple of ppl have done it . Fits perfectly and looks good with a lite

AVF Regular
    do it man. I would have done it already if i owned one.

AVF Regular
    ive seen pics of it too with the kfl - its a snug fit - what worries me is the airhole on the kfl could get smothered against the side wall - depending on the threading - maybe the airhole would face the open air area? but there is no way to adjust as there is no longer a rotate-able base on the vtr - its pot luck

AVF Regular
    Mine rotates. It's killing me having that 19mm ring the issues I can see is maybe a slight wobble and scuffing my rbas but these issues are easy fix I feel bad for it it just sits there not being used this could b my goto setup if it works

AVF Regular
    go for it - you must have got one of the early ones - i'd do it if i had one of those - though you better be careful of that connection

i was looking for thinner rbas - found the cobra and taifun gs clones which will both fit the vtr - but on ft both of them are not full stainless steel - so im stuck too

i may have to do the same and take my chances re where the airhole ends up - the side wall covers a third of the rba area so the odds are 2 to 1 in my favour that the kfl will get air hahaha

I just got my vtr from bw, my first thought was off with the little ring thingy buuuuuut, it also stops your atomizer from wobbling around. I'm getting one of these badboys, it's 17mm so I should have a wee bit of room to spare, if it's too jangly I'll just chock it up with some bluetack!

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1570800

btw totally stickerbombed the vtr this morning with a weird little cartoon raccoon thing and albert einstein!

AVF Regular
    dan have a look at the pick of the deck in pic 2 - it looks like really shitty chromed brass - i was thinking of getting one until i saw that

Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    go for it - you must have got one of the early ones - i'd do it if i had one of those - though you better be careful of that connection

i was looking for thinner rbas - found the cobra and taifun gs clones which will both fit the vtr - but on ft both of them are not full stainless steel - so im stuck too

i may have to do the same and take my chances re where the airhole ends up - the side wall covers a third of the rba area so the odds are 2 to 1 in my favour that the kfl will get air hahaha
    The one I got from FT in the boxing day sale has a rotating base. I thought all of FTs stock did? I know the new ones don't, but didn't thing anywhere outside the US had enough stock rotation to get those non rotating ones yet.
    I was also looking at chobras or some sort of glass carto tank that was 19mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast