Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: The Duke by Goss

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

The Duke by Goss

So I got my Smoke Dragon Duke Delivered Friday (today, since I haven't been to bed, for me) & I am very happy with it.
    The guys at Fogsauce.com, where I got it from, believe I am the only vaper in Australia with a "The Duke", I am not entirely certain of that(other US vendors have also sold them) but I am sure that if it is not the only one, then there would not be more than a few, due to the relative rareness of this mod at present. What I am certain of, is that I have the only "Smoke Dragon Duke" in Australia, since these were only sold in the latest batch, through FogSauce.

Let me say right away, this mod is NOT FOR INEXPERIENCED VAPERS.
    If you are looking to upgrade from an eGo, a Vamo or Smok SiD or something similar or if you want a box mod, something like a VTR is going to be safer & better for you.
    If you already have a VV/VW mod, then a mech mod with a single battery, is going to be better for you.
    This mod uses stacked 18650 batts, which can be quite dangerous if you do not have experience with other mods & know about battery safety & what to expect from your batteries!

Even with 2 x 18650's in it, this box mod is light, lighter than some of my SS tube mods with only 1x 18650 in them, being made of Anodised Alum. this makes sense.
    However for a light mod it feels very sturdy, the anodising is thick & well applied, it's going to take a lot to put a decent scratch into the "paint".
    Internally & even externally, it isn't a lot to look at, a battery holder, a regulation chip, a potentiometer, a switch (10A rated), a 510 connector & of course the body to house it all.

As for function, the front panel is held on magnetically by 4 neodymium magnets, 1 in each corner, in the review below it is 3 but that is a previous version of The Duke, which hold it on securely but allow for quick & easy access to replace/recharge batts.
    The power output on this is more than I need, probably more than anyone needs but this was a big factor in why I decided to buy one.
    The button is very tactile & clicky, it's placed in a comfortable position on the side of the box, at the top & takes enough pressure to fire easily, while being not overly easy to misfire in your pocket etc.
    The potentiometer controls the the power going through to the atty & while it is not marked, finding the "sweet spot" isn't too hard. It is easy to turn with a fingernail or screwdriver or coin but is not easy to knock & change the settings, since it is recessed.
    It also sits very comfortably in my hand & is easy to grip, ladies with small hands should still be able to hold this mod pretty easily.

I am running a single 0.7ohm, 26G, micro-coil in my Igo-W(clone) with the standard air hole (which is a little small for my liking but only just), with the pot turned about 1/3 from the lowest setting & with a 1 second draw I am producing clouds like never before!
    The flavor could be better but I believe this is due to the size of the air hole, which will be widened soon, which in turn will increase the amount of vapor too!
    I did try turning up the heat to about 2/3 of its full power & it had me coughing after 2 puffs, so I backed it down & found the sweet spot that I have it in now. Even with this level of power, it is hitting very hard, 3 or 4 puffs at most is all I need, chain vaping is something I'll reserve for my other mods, The Duke isn't for chaining with (I 'spose you could but you'd be left gasping for breath).

So here's a pic of what it looks like ( not my pic but better than what I could take & mine looks the same, except the "Duke" logo & the Dragon design are not really brass/gold coloured, I think that was due to lighting):

This review is of a previous version but the functionality is the same:

Last edited by Noe; 15-02-14 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Added pic.
    essiemessy, Rynxa, Domo and 5 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Showed this around at the PVM today, I think there's going to be a few more in Aus. after the next batch is sold LOL
    Altered1 likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Kicked hard!!!!
    Noe likes this.
    Vaping does not resemble poisonous tobacco smoking, it is a safe replacement.

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Kicked hard!!!!
    You seemed to like the hit at around 40watts LOL
    Essie's Glass DTs

It's like being hit in the throat with a hockey stick, but in a good way.
    Noe likes this.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
    It's like being hit in the throat with a hockey stick, but in a good way.
    I'm certain you thought it was a hockey stick, coz after your first vape on it your eyes went went wide, as you said "HOLY PUCK!"
    Scoot likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    So I got my Smoke Dragon Duke Delivered Friday (today, since I haven't been to bed, for me) & I am very happy with it.
    The guys at Fogsauce.com, where I got it from, believe I am the only vaper in Australia with a "The Duke", I am not entirely certain of that(other US vendors have also sold them) but I am sure that if it is not the only one, then there would not be more than a few, due to the relative rareness of this mod at present. What I am certain of, is that I have the only "Smoke Dragon Duke" in Australia, since these were only sold in the latest batch, through FogSauce.

Let me say right away, this mod is NOT FOR INEXPERIENCED VAPERS.
    If you are looking to upgrade from an eGo, a Vamo or Smok SiD or something similar or if you want a box mod, something like a VTR is going to be safer & better for you.
    If you already have a VV/VW mod, then a mech mod with a single battery, is going to be better for you.
    This mod uses stacked 18650 batts, which can be quite dangerous if you do not have experience with other mods & know about battery safety & what to expect from your batteries!

Even with 2 x 18650's in it, this box mod is light, lighter than some of my SS tube mods with only 1x 18650 in them, being made of Anodised Alum. this makes sense.
    However for a light mod it feels very sturdy, the anodising is thick & well applied, it's going to take a lot to put a decent scratch into the "paint".
    Internally & even externally, it isn't a lot to look at, a battery holder, a regulation chip, a potentiometer, a switch (10A rated), a 510 connector & of course the body to house it all.

As for function, the front panel is held on magnetically by 4 neodymium magnets, 1 in each corner, in the review below it is 3 but that is a previous version of The Duke, which hold it on securely but allow for quick & easy access to replace/recharge batts.
    The power output on this is more than I need, probably more than anyone needs but this was a big factor in why I decided to buy one.
    The button is very tactile & clicky, it's placed in a comfortable position on the side of the box, at the top & takes enough pressure to fire easily, while being not overly easy to misfire in your pocket etc.
    The potentiometer controls the the power going through to the atty & while it is not marked, finding the "sweet spot" isn't too hard. It is easy to turn with a fingernail or screwdriver or coin but is not easy to knock & change the settings, since it is recessed.
    It also sits very comfortably in my hand & is easy to grip, ladies with small hands should still be able to hold this mod pretty easily.

I am running a single 0.7ohm, 26G, micro-coil in my Igo-W(clone) with the standard air hole (which is a little small for my liking but only just), with the pot turned about 1/3 from the lowest setting & with a 1 second draw I am producing clouds like never before!
    The flavor could be better but I believe this is due to the size of the air hole, which will be widened soon, which in turn will increase the amount of vapor too!
    I did try turning up the heat to about 2/3 of its full power & it had me coughing after 2 puffs, so I backed it down & found the sweet spot that I have it in now. Even with this level of power, it is hitting very hard, 3 or 4 puffs at most is all I need, chain vaping is something I'll reserve for my other mods, The Duke isn't for chaining with (I 'spose you could but you'd be left gasping for breath).

So here's a pic of what it looks like ( not my pic but better than what I could take & mine looks the same, except the "Duke" logo & the Dragon design are not really brass/gold coloured, I think that was due to lighting):

This review is of a previous version but the functionality is the same:

Not saying its common as muck, but I certainly saw at least 3 people with a Duke in their hand today.
    This is an impressive device, with a mildly decent atty = large cloud.
    Here with the Nano bastard Vape for comparison (hint, Duke gives more power, larger pocket bulge)

Here's a sample cloud, it may have set off smoke detectors 2 blocks away

And finally, the device in a standard hand.

If you are looking to upgrade from buying from ebay, perhaps falling for the "maaaaate, it's the only one in your whole country", then perhaps advanced online shopping isn't for you.
    bank likes this.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Not saying its common as muck, but I certainly saw at least 3 people with a Duke in their hand today.
    This is an impressive device, with a mildly decent atty = large cloud.

And finally, the device in a standard hand.

If you are looking to upgrade from buying from ebay, perhaps falling for the "maaaaate, it's the only one in your whole country", then perhaps advanced online shopping isn't for you.
    I'm sure there's an implied insult in there somewhere but anyone that tries to compare a "Nano bastard Vape" with The Duke, probably blows steam out their arse anyway.

If the Vendor of the last batch didn't know of other Aussies buying a Duke, then it is pretty safe to guess that they were imported using freight forwarding, still it's not a common mod in Aus.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    What was new yesterday is old news today. Oh well you haven't got the only one in Australia.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Here's a sample cloud, it may have set off smoke detectors 2 blocks away
    Holy carp - that looks semi-nuclear - I think that the residents of Chernobyl are worrying about this individual at the moment... I hope that I am not rude in asking, but what was the vape (liquid & pg/vg/nic content - want to freak out my grandmother with that one maybe...) ?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast