Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: MVP Battery life

MVP Battery life

So I've had my MVP v1 for a bit over 3 months now.

The first few weeks I was getting 2+ days out of it, using 1.6 ohm microcoils and was very happy.

I've noticed over the last month or so that I'm no longer getting a full day out of the battery. Re-coiled last night and ended up with 1.4 ohm. At 1700 the MVP completed charging and about 20 minutes ago (say 2350) I got the flashing red low battery warning. So almost 7 hours use.

As this was my out and about device I'm probably going to revert to my backup tube mod and carry spare batteries (I can be out for 12 - 18 hours for work).

Anyone else seen a drastic decline in MVP battery life?

I do like it and am contemplating an MVP v2 but will probably look at something else if I can only expect 3 - 4 months of long battery life.

I realise at the low 1.x ohm range I'm probably pushing the battery a bit hard so am contributing to shorter lifetimes but until EPM V2 is released not sure what else to look at if I'm just going to be a MVP killer.

I hope to get more than a few months from mine ... I don't even know what sort of warranty they have ... must have a look in the box tomorrow, at the little booklet which came with it ... or email the vendor and ask them?

I've notice with my MVP 2 that when I first got it I went about 4 days(!) without a charge and now I (like you) have noticed a huge decline in battery life. I get maybe a full day before I need to recharge. I'm vaping 3 ohm cartos at 4.8 volts.
    Apoc likes this.

Hmmm. When I get some time I will crack open my v2 to see what batteries they use.

The beauty of the MPV is by using the cable they provide you charge your MVP with itself! Just kidding, if only...
    Gresh11 likes this.
    Vaping does not resemble poisonous tobacco smoking, it is a safe replacement.

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.

Should last longer than a spinner, surely? and my spinner's still going strong ... use / charge every day almost !

Quote Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
    I've notice with my MVP 2 that when I first got it I went about 4 days(!) without a charge and now I (like you) have noticed a huge decline in battery life. I get maybe a full day before I need to recharge. I'm vaping 3 ohm cartos at 4.8 volts.
    Cheers Scoot

That's interesting, plugging some numbers into online calc I'm drawing 2.25 amps, your drawing 1.6, would've thought I'd be working the battery harder and thus shortening it's life faster than you. Maybe the batteries don't have that long a life (recharge cycles) which is a shame as otherwise i'm finding it a pretty good device.

AVF Regular
    Apoc,

do you use it until the MVP flashes, flat now, charge please?
    I charge mine before it gets all whiny about stored electrons and they all seem to be lasting longer.
    Except for the dud pile.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Apoc,

do you use it until the MVP flashes, flat now, charge please?
    I charge mine before it gets all whiny about stored electrons and they all seem to be lasting longer.
    Except for the dud pile.
    LMAO, whiny about stored electrons.

Yeah I do (full -> flat, repeat), I know the button lights up orange when getting low but stuffed if I can see it when I'm vaping so it's only when it cuts off that I notice it.

Maybe if I got a v2 and remembered to check remaining charge it would last longer, might give that a whirl. Thanks again (I feel like MrG's advice child tonight ).
    MrGruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    It's certainly weird, so far I've only seen a minor decline in the battery life and my MVP for a while was my all day device (Probably 2 months) and now is my BackUp, Work (Work in Wall and Ceiling, do not want my Provari covered in Gyprock Cements) and Clubbing/doofing device.

I run mainly Aspire VIVI Maxi BDC's (1.8Ohms) on it at 4.0/.2 volts.
    When I first got it i'm pretty sure that i was getting 2 and a half to three days moderate to heavy Vaping.
    Now I get 2 at max probably

Generally I let my batts run to their lowest possible point and then charge them, could have something to do with it.

If you're not winning, you should be learning from loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzy View Post
    It's certainly weird, so far I've only seen a minor decline in the battery life and my MVP for a while was my all day device (Probably 2 months) and now is my BackUp, Work (Work in Wall and Ceiling, do not want my Provari covered in Gyprock Cements) and Clubbing/doofing device.

I run mainly Aspire VIVI Maxi BDC's (1.8Ohms) on it at 4.0/.2 volts.
    When I first got it i'm pretty sure that i was getting 2 and a half to three days moderate to heavy Vaping.
    Now I get 2 at max probably

Generally I let my batts run to their lowest possible point and then charge them, could have something to do with it.
    OK so according to same calculator as before your sucking 2.2 amps, only just lower to what I'm drawing and your seeing, gonna say, 30% reduction in battery life over a similar time span.

Be interested to get more data points but seems a few are getting similar results.

Although to put it in perspective, that's 3 or 4 days worth of smoking that's lasting a few months, so not having a whinge, but thought I'd get more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast