Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: How to sterilize new bottles?

AVF Regular

How to sterilize new bottles?

So.. How to sterilize new bottles?

Pretty self explanatory just wanted to see what the easiest way out there is

AVF Regular
    chlorine!

Nah, is a good Q ... of the top of my head isopropyl alcohol - no idea how it dries though.

Retired Account
    A good wash in soapy dishwashing water with a bottle brush to start off, and a rinse in clean water to get rid of any lingering detergent.
    Either bring them to the boil in a big pot of cold water (glass bottles) and let simmer for 10 minutes, (you could try with plastic, but it might not be too good for the plastic if it gets too hot)
    or 2 caps of milton solution(baby aisle of the supermarket) in 4 litres of water in a closed container for 2 hours minimum. (suitable for glass and plastic, and be sure that the bottles are full of the solution while they're soaking). You can also buy microwave baby bottle sterilisers as well... instructions should be including on the packaging.

If you want to sterilise the bottles, be sure to do the caps and droppers as well.

I generally just wash and rinse mine well. The PG is antibacterial, so I wouldn't bother going to that extent unless I was using the bottles for a commercial purpose. It is probably worth sterilising your drip tips though.. they're exposed to the nastiest dirtiest part of your body - your mouth
    Fatman, DEATHGUYJ and Fawks like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    I use a little bit of that home brew sterilizer, sodium metabisilfate.

Good stuff, works great for getting stinky flavours out of atties as well, just make sure you rinse it off and only use a tiny bit.
    gtadmin, Fatman, Toddosh and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I use a little bit of that home brew sterilizer, sodium metabisilfate.

Good stuff, works great for getting stinky flavours out of atties as well, just make sure you rinse it off and only use a tiny bit.
    Just what I was about to suggest ...
    Fatman likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    I use this method, id suggest trying one bottle at first to make sure it doesnt crack/break. I wash them with soapy water, rinse thoroughly and then pre heat the oven to 180C and put them in there for 10 minutes. Learnt this method from the jam/chutney makers.

MrGruffy and avtek like this.

AVF Regular
    Piss in them and swish it around a bit
    Stomp, MrGruffy and Sludge like this.

AVF Regular
    dishwashers or baby bottle microwave sterilizer

AVF Regular
    i wash glass bottles first and rinse - then i put them in a pot full of cold water making sure the bottles are full of water - ie submerged -then i bring the bottles to a boil and let them boil for a while - then turn the heat off and let them cool - then out to dry

as is mentioned above - pg is antibacterial anyway

AVF Regular
    I just use one of them plug in baby bottle sterilizers.... if it makes it sterile enough for a baby to drink from it im sure its sterile enough for juice
    avtek and Hidden1 like this.

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast