Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Vision spinner vs mech mod

Vision spinner vs mech mod

Ok so never tried either of them. So what is the main difference. Why should I choose one over the other?

Talking 1300mah spinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chana DNA30 - Magma - UD AGI - KFL

AVF Regular
    Stick with the spinner if your looking to purchase either.
    A vision spinner is a vv device that you dual in what voltage you want. (Good for clearomizers and cartomizers).
    A mech mod has a separate battery which will just give off as much power as it has in it. Used mainly with RBA and RDA's (rebuildables).
    Mech mods and rebuildables are for advanced users only.
    A vision spinner or otter VV / VW devices are the step up from egos's etc.
    Australis likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Mech mods for 'advanced users only" ??? LOL!

Buy both if finances allow Donb, no necessity to use only rebuilldables on them, I use an Aero tank or cartos with mine, you'll need a spare for when one's charging anyway and there are some good clones around if you don't want to spend big $$... you'll get plenty of recommendations here ... just sift thru' the info' and pick something you think will serve your needs .. such fun
    Last edited by maggie; 24-02-14 at 03:23 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Mech mods for 'advanced users only" ??? LOL!
    To be fair, my youngest brother (19) has been vaping for a year now, never filled his own tank (apparently that's still my job) and I'm pretty sure he'd blow his jaw off if I gave him one of my mechs to use. I asked if he wanted to learn how to coil, his eyes bugged as he silently shook his head in refusal.

If you're keen to learn how to use mech mods and practice battery safety, then pick one up. If you're just looking to have a vape and minimal headache, get the spinner

Stash covered most of it. Spinner is a variable voltage device, it can happily push any clearomizer/cartomizer.

Mech mods are basically a tube you put a battery in. You're essentially vaping off the battery you put in there. These are more suited for rebuildable styled atomizers.

If you're going to get a mech, please get some decent quality batteries and a decent charger. Those are two things vapers should never, ever skimp on.
    ssstahly and maggie like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

Yes well, depends on the individual user I guess but what's an advanced user? someone who can do rebuildables.. yes, I agree but battery safety and filling tanks isn't hard to learn and the vape on a fresh battery is different than on the spinner .. just saying that it's easy to compare is all and doesn't need to cost a fortune I have spinners too and they're great but don't equal the vape on the provari or mvp ... ( imo)
    Rynxa likes this.

AVF Regular
    the mech mods i have are all very small (smoktech pipe mod, glv mini and madvapes gripper). i only have them because they are so small and allow stealth vaping when needed. i much prefer a variable device for normal usage. out and about i will normally use a 1300mah spinner and at home i'll use one of my vv/vw mods (groove, bigger gripper, vamo, mvp, evic). with the mechs, the performance drops as the cell drains. a vv/vw will put out a constant level until the cell falls too low, then it just stops.

AVF Regular

Vision spinner vs mech mod

Yes I said advanced users only.

For a few reasons. Mainly Battery safety and It's pretty much pointless using a mech mod with a carto or clearo. A VV / VW device is much better paired with a carto or clearo.

With a VV / VW device, you can 'tune in' what you want your voltage / wattage to be, therefor your desired vape.
    With mech mods, you make a coil to 'tune in' your desire vape.

So yeah, if someone is asking what the difference between a spinner and mech mod is, I'll tell them everytime to pick te spinner and that mech mods are for advanced users only.
    Last edited by ssstahly; 24-02-14 at 04:00 PM.

I have a smokteck bolt and altho' I enjoy using it prefer the vv for the reasons you state Kay, but so many rave on about them being so good that I had to get one ..LOL!

I understand the main differences. I have been a vapor before. Just never used either. Im more meaning from a vaping side of things how different are they.
    Chana DNA30 - Magma - UD AGI - KFL

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by donb View Post
    I understand the main differences. I have been a vapor before. Just never used either. Im more meaning from a vaping side of things how different are they.
    I'm not sure what you mean.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast