Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jman

Thread: Kanger ProTank3 Insane Leaking

AVF Regular

Kanger ProTank3 Insane Leaking

Hey guys,

I purchased a Kanger ProTank 3 from VapingCobra (FANTASTIC service!) and it arrived 2 days ago. I have only been pursuing vaping for a week now, and after using a basic CE4 for that week, I was terribly excited to use my ProTank3 given some of the great things people had to say about it, but I have had NOTHING but leaks and gurgling. On to my third coil, and they begin to leak typically within 2-3 sessions vaping ~1ml at a time. Pretty frustrated at this point, my CE4 absolutely ruined this thing. Has anyone got any ideas on what might be happening here or how I could fix it?

Thank you all in advance for any help!

EDIT: I should clarify, I also picked up a Phoenix RBA at the same time, and am legitimately tempted to pick up a stack of wire, wick, and just go straight to dripping into it rather than use a Clearo at this point.

Take the little silicon grommet off the post and turn it upside down, usually fixes leaks on them.

Stop by the new members forum and introduce yourself too
    steve.c likes this.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    I cleaned up the two coils I have, did this, tried again, and after about a minute, straight back to flooding and gurgling. Pretty dissapointing

AVF Regular
    Buy a nautilus. with 5 spare coils.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by prpnnightmare View Post
    I cleaned up the two coils I have, did this, tried again, and after about a minute, straight back to flooding and gurgling. Pretty dissapointing
    Ive never had a prob with the pt3. Either your device post is too high, your missing a grommit in the tank or youve copped a faulty set of coils that arent sealing properly(happened to me, had to replace the pack).

Quote Originally Posted by prpnnightmare View Post
    Hey guys,

I purchased a Kanger ProTank 3 from VapingCobra (FANTASTIC service!) and it arrived 2 days ago. I have only been pursuing vaping for a week now, and after using a basic CE4 for that week, I was terribly excited to use my ProTank3 given some of the great things people had to say about it, but I have had NOTHING but leaks and gurgling. On to my third coil, and they begin to leak typically within 2-3 sessions vaping ~1ml at a time. Pretty frustrated at this point, my CE4 absolutely ruined this thing. Has anyone got any ideas on what might be happening here or how I could fix it?

Thank you all in advance for any help!

EDIT: I should clarify, I also picked up a Phoenix RBA at the same time, and am legitimately tempted to pick up a stack of wire, wick, and just go straight to dripping into it rather than use a Clearo at this point.
    Wow, that is really unfortunate. I had a similar problem with a couple of iclear 30's I ordered from the states(but he was fantastic to offer and provide a refund them on return). I have 3 protanks 3's on rotation with different juices and only ever run into a problem with 1 of the coils not wicking and giving off the usual nasty burnt taste.

Do you have an option for return/refund?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Hey mate, I had the same issue with one of my Protank's until I put another rubber grommet upside down on top of the other one.

This link explains it better with pics.

How To: Fix Kanger EVOD leaking/gurgling issues | God of Steam

Hope it helps, cheers.

Yep, the above fix is a miracle :-). I got my dusty Evods going using this method too. Somebody should send it to the manufacturer. If I was not patient by nature leaking clearos would have put me off vaping when I first started...

Sent using Tapatalk