Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Can I charge my battery with my Belkin wall charger?

Question Can I charge my battery with my Belkin wall charger?

Now, I have read the thousands of stories and posts and news articles about explosions and not charging overnight, and to be honest it's made me rather paranoid.

When does everyone charge their mobile phones? When we sleep of course, at least I always have,
    as we use them all day, and when we go to bed, it's the one time of day it can charge for the day ahead.

I class my PV into the same category, yet everyone says you cannot leave it unattended??...Am I supposed to sit down
    and watch my PV charge for 4-6 hours? Why can I not just put it on charge and leave it?

Now just to clarify I have a Vision Spinner 1300 mah and as you all know, it takes FOREVER to charge,
    and that is using the 420mah Joyetech USB charger, bout 4 hours or more. I plug it into the USB, and this battery is advertised
    with charge/circuit protection against overcharging like phones, so what's the deal with leaving it to charge whilst I sleep at the computer?

Also I have a BELKIN USB wall component that on the back says : INPUT RATED : AC 100-240V ~ 50-60 HZ 0.5 AMPS // OUTPUT RATED : DC 5V *** 1A

Now can I use this to connect my Joyetech usb charger into and charge by my bed with my phone? Yes/No?

I have been researching this issue for days and cannot get a solid answer.

Thanks guys,
    RESISTANCE | VOLTAGE
    1.7 - 1.9 Ω - 3.0 - 3.4 V
    2.1 - 2.3 Ω - 3.5 - 3.8 V
    2.4 - 2.6 Ω - 3.9 - 4.2 V
    2.6 - 3.0 Ω - 4.3 - 4.7 V

http://vtpics.vapertrain.com/voltagechart.jpg

Ive got 2 evod batteries and a 2200mah cheapie from china. I have used my fone charger without any problems, and it has an outpu of 2.1A. Nice quick charge but even left overnight there have been absolutly no problems

Before I became aware of all the warnings I was charging my Vision Spinners and Ego Twists with my iPhone charger - no dramas. But it would be useful to hear on the subjects from an expert. One hears about charging mobile phones exploding once in a blue moon too...

Sent using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    As a victim of an exploding 400mAh ego battery (burnt chair and floor) I'd make sure you at least check the charger is putting out the right voltage, AND put in a charge safe bag while charging.
    margyb, gtadmin, Fatman and 1 others like this.

Thanks guys, helped a lot, as did this thread : A Few Questions for Those that Use Altsmoke and about Battery Chargers/Adapters

Guy there had the same question, and the responses match what I have, so I am pretty confident. I dont have a fire safe bag, but will put it in a glass mixing bowl to charge by my bed to ensure containment as a precautionary measure Night
    RESISTANCE | VOLTAGE
    1.7 - 1.9 Ω - 3.0 - 3.4 V
    2.1 - 2.3 Ω - 3.5 - 3.8 V
    2.4 - 2.6 Ω - 3.9 - 4.2 V
    2.6 - 3.0 Ω - 4.3 - 4.7 V

http://vtpics.vapertrain.com/voltagechart.jpg

AVF Regular
    dude i'm sorry but do NOT put it in a glass mixing bowl

IF and it's a BIG HUGE RARE IF....it explodes? it'll take out the bowl and rain shards of glass....everywhere....

as in the other thread....you're gonna need spares of EVERYTHING including chargers if you wanna vape. minimum 3 batteries and 2 chargers.

also if you wanna do something silly like charge your batteries overnight....you will probably be FINE most of the time.....but in that 1 in a million episode where you WONT BE FINE....

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...protective-bag

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...battery-safety

for under $10 bucks why WOULDN"T you?

some people take their batteries REALLY serious....and i never got why....sure i heard of mr gruffy's exploding battery....but i still didn't get it...i'm thick....

then a mate explained it to me in terms of this. "your 3400mah battery has as much stored energy in it as a hand grenade. Yes it's stable most of the time....but when it's not?" that put everything into a new perspective for me. Over the top? yes. Does it hurt to be cautious? no.

sorry for being a bit of a grump but i think it's important for new people to understand stuff like this.

The reason you should be awake when charging....and you really should have the spares to deal with this scenario....is so you can be there if there's a problem that needs to be sorted. also to periodically check your charger and batteries aren't getting too warm...if they get hot that there is a sign of shit potentially hitting the fan.

some people advise you to check your batteries charge with a multimeter after every single charge, to make sure it hasn't overcharged.

You can't be too careful with batteries capable of exploding. sorry for being over dramatic.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by axeallen View Post
    Ive got 2 evod batteries and a 2200mah cheapie from china. I have used my fone charger without any problems, and it has an outpu of 2.1A. Nice quick charge but even left overnight there have been absolutly no problems
    Just no.
    2.1A is a pretty high charge rate and although you may be OK in the short term, I'd suggest against charging any battery over 1C.
    i.e. 900mAh battery should be charged at 0.9A max.

Try this ,

Robray likes this.

I use an old biscuit tin (metal)with secure (tight) lid, hole drilled in end for charger lead (blue tacked around lead to stop cutting it.Holes in lid for venting any gases etc. I do leave mine charging overnight but feel a bit safer with this setup.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

Retired Account
    A baking tin would be a much better idea than a glass mixing bowl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast