Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: just built my first coil and it WORKS!!!

AVF Regular

just built my first coil and it WORKS!!!

oh wow. i just built my first ever coil on my brand new kfl+ and it actually works
    i've done 10 wraps with 30awg knathal, giving me 1.9ohm. stuck some cotton wool in there and now i'm blowing some lovely tasty clouds

i swore for a long long time that i would never ever do rebuildables. too hard, i said. too fiddly, i said. too much messing around, i said. but now, here i am, after maybe an hour (which includes giving the parts all a bath in iso, rinsing, drying with hair dryer cos i'm impatient, building coil, working out how everything goes together, etc.), vaping away to my hearts content. yay for me i am so proud of myself

AVF Regular
    Congrats!
    On your next coil, try and wrap it to about 1.1-1.2 ohms.
    kay67kay likes this.

AVF Regular
    Kay that's brilliant. Way to go
    kay67kay likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    any reason to go so low? i've always gotten lr cartos, normally 2-2.2ohm and they work just fine. would the kfl run better at lower resistance?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    any reason to go so low? i've always gotten lr cartos, normally 2-2.2ohm and they work just fine. would the kfl run better at lower resistance?
    They do work really well with lower resistance, but in the end it'll come down to personal preference. It's worth giving it a try just to see how you like it. If you're careful you may even be able to
    pull out the current coil and keep it aside in case you don't like it. Did you just do spaced wraps or a microcoil?

Oh and top work btw. Now you've successfully done one, it's just a short trip to the dark side.....
    kay67kay likes this.

oh wow. i just built my first ever coil on my brand new kfl+ and it actually works
    i've done 10 wraps with 30awg knathal, giving me 1.9ohm. stuck some cotton wool in there and now i'm blowing some lovely tasty clouds

i swore for a long long time that i would never ever do rebuildables. too hard, i said. too fiddly, i said. too much messing around, i said. but now, here i am, after maybe an hour (which includes giving the parts all a bath in iso, rinsing, drying with hair dryer cos i'm impatient, building coil, working out how everything goes together, etc.), vaping away to my hearts content. yay for me i am so proud of myself
    Well done Kay, told ya it was easy A bit of practice and you'll be banging out coils in under a few minutes!!!

I make my coils at between 1.5-1.7 ohms which is the way I like it, so just make yours to suit what resistance you like to vape at What are you putting your KFL on??
    kay67kay likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    This may just be personal preference, but I've found my KFL+ performs so much better with a lower ohm coil.
    Give it a try and report back, that's the beauty of rebuildables
    kay67kay likes this.

AVF Regular
    Great job kk, we'll be seeing you in the coil pr0n thread before you know it!
    kay67kay likes this.

AVF Regular
    Goodonya Kay, You mentioned all the fun making the coil but didn't mention whether it was worth it. How is the kfl+ compared with what you used previously?.
    kay67kay likes this.

Well done kk!! Told you that if you can drive a truck, you can coil a coil !!
    kay67kay likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast