Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Ozzie
  • 2 Post By donb
  • 2 Post By longy
  • 1 Post By Jetpants

Thread: EVOD 2 - Still bottom refill

AVF Regular

EVOD 2 - Brief review - Still bottom refill

So they've updated the EVOD with a drip tip but it appears they're still refilled by unscrewing the bottom...

Am i missing something? Anyone got them yet?
    Last edited by Jetpants; 11-03-14 at 08:19 AM.

[s] Vaping nic-free since 16 November 2012 [/s]
    Back on the nic.

AVF Regular
    I think you will find that the drip tip and inner tube are all one, so if you have say a red tube and a black tube the drip tip just changes over. Just had a look at the picture and by looking at it that doesn't seem right either.
    Last edited by Wayno; 07-03-14 at 12:53 PM.

AVF Regular
    Sorry Wayno, not sure what you mean there 0_o.

The big problem imho with the evods was always the cumbersome bottom refill method. Now they've updated the hardware with a removable top/drip trip and it seems to still be bottom refill??

You'd think with such a remake of the concept they'd add a more simpler way to refill (ie: via the now removable top) but it doesn't seem so. Just seeking clarification really...

Back on the nic.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    I think they are still working on it.
    The unitank is a BCC but has removable drip tip and top fill.
    GirlyPantz and Jetpants like this.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

I like evods so can't wait to try these also. Tried a pro tank mini and wasn't very impressed (to many dry hits).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chana DNA30 - Magma - UD AGI - KFL

Evods are my main hardware, they are durable enough to survive all day in my pocket at work, all id like to see is a top fill.

AVF Regular
    Good to hear I'm not the only one using them heh.

Mine have just arrived, I'll post my thoughts here tomorrow after a day of using them.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

Back on the nic.

AVF Regular
    EVOD 2 Review.

If you're a fan of the evod and like me and have begrudgingly gotten used to the cumbersome bottom refill method, be prepared to be disappointed.

Don't worry about the the quality of the vape - it's the same as ever even with the ohm bump. It vapes just like the original. Clean, warm with good flavour.

But the design of this revision is simply, well, nonsensical. They've added a removable drip tip - great if you wanted it (i never did), but it's the massive over engineering and missed opportunity that comes with it that lets the evod2 down.

The obvious - there is no top fill method. So you still have to get your fingers dirty refilling it. I've got to ask - why bother with the drip tip just for drip tip's sake - it's not a feature I ever lamented about the v1. Did anyone? Missed opportunity.

This drip tip engineering makes the overall design just... fail. It's a full centimetre taller and the steel top ring and weird steel drip tip make it top heavy in a major way. It feels awkward in the hand and unbalanced when placed down on a surface. I haven't weighed it with scales, but it's substantially heavier than an ego 650 and all that weight is at the very top of the clearo.

This weight gives rise to another problem - the steel drip tip it comes with has a poor fit - so when it inevitably goes crashing over (and it will, and i DO mean crashing) the drip tip pops out and your juice will end up all over the surface it falls on. Seriously - wtf kanger?

You can somewhat help the situation by replacing it with a plastic drip tip - i used one from a vivi nova - it's still unbalanced and top heavy due to the over engineered top ring but at least the nova drip tip fits tightly, even if it looks silly.

Lastly, the inside stem is shorter, so it takes less juice, meaning more refilling. Sigh. All of this design fail at a higher price.

To sum up it's still a good vape, same as the v1 but the "upgrades" it's received are head scratchingly strange.

Sorry for the poor pics, it's overcast here this morning the light is bad:

Back on the nic.

Thanks jetpants for the review. The drip tip just isnt something I need in an evod and geez its a fair bit bigger with no increase in juice capacity..... I hope They continue the version 1