Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Fawks
  • 1 Post By keithy george
  • 1 Post By ultravape
  • 1 Post By footwork
  • 1 Post By Fawks
  • 1 Post By footwork

Thread: Origen V1 Clone breakdown pictures and review.

AVF Regular

Origen V1 Clone breakdown pictures and review.

Hi everyone,

Today im going to review my Origen v1 Clone i received from vapingtech. Im going to the point of being over critical but i would like to point out everything i have found so you know what to expect. No issues are close to being a deal breaker for me though. I do not own the authentic version, since they cannot meet the supply to keep up with demand

Shipping: Price was very reasonable $10 flat rate. No postage options like express but that doesn't bother me. I ordered on the 2nd, was processed and shipped on the 3rd, Received it on 7th... 5 days shipping time i was stoked about

Price: $45+$10 postage = $63.94 AUD - Not a cheap clone by any means, but product is of such quality it doesnt bother me. Im guessing when this starts to hit the major suppliers we will see a decrease in price. If a authentic Origen could be sourced for around the $120 mark then i would of taken that option as resale value is still quite high. Its a pain to find and they do not make enough to meet demand so im happy there is a good clone out now.

Packaging: Decent, comes in a nice foam cutout protecter in a square box, looks cheap but does the job and who cares about what packaging look like?

Build quality: Very good, but there are issues.

Drip tip is well machined and no issue at all. 10/10

Top air flow ring. 10/10

Top cap. 9/10 (That dealio with a bunch of holes drilled into it).
    When holes had been drilled they were not deburred on the insides and needed a slight file. Once filled (2 second on each hole) its perfect. 10/10 after file

Bottom deck. 9/10
    Everything is very well machined and finished, the only issue i have is that the center post can spin and is not adjustable. The spinning issue is not to big, once you have your center pin tightened onto the atty it will not spin unless you use excess un-needed force, once you know its an issue its easy to not do, you just need to make sure when you rebuild it after a complete breakdown that its tightened down good.(This is more my fault than anything) While pin is not adjustable it fits 6 different mechs and my SVD just fine. 510 threading is alright, little too loose unless you have it tightened all the way down though but this is like many RBA's i own.

Juice capacity- From a completely empty RBA with the included wick in the pic it works out to be 1ml-1.3ml without overfilling. I can have it filled completely, with the largest dual airholes open and lean it on a 45 without it leaking.

Tolerances.
    Tolerances between air-hole alignment and part fitment is 10/10. All air-holes line up perfectly and the top cap tightens on perfectly onto the bottom deck while with the top airflow ring has the perfect amount of movement and fitment
    onto the top cap.

O-rings. 6/10
    This is the biggest issue i had with my Origen which is good as its an easy fix. Ive included photo's for reference but i took off the original 2 orings on the top cap and replaced it with a single oring at the top, This is now perfect where as before it was way too tight, even 1 original o-ring was too much and it needed a slimmer o-ring.

Bottom o-rings and driptip rings work jut fine, The oring for the driptip is very thick and will need something different than the usual orings most people will have but other than that its all good and they do supply you with spares.

Needed a clean but you should do that with any RBA you buy anyways.

5/6 wraps with 28g = .5

Original o-ring is on the left, the one i used is on the right and comes with most drip tips.

If a mod sees this could you rename my thread to Origen please :P
    Last edited by Fatman; 08-03-14 at 01:03 PM. Reason: title fix
    ultravape, The Sodd, avtek and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Good to see you are enjoying the brass nemesis clone.
    Fawks likes this.

Question

hi Fawks
    thanks for review

how is this thing perform
    what's your impression flavor wise ?
    I'm flavor junkie hence my question
    and

why you're vaping blue ink?

thanks
    enjoy your weekend
    Fawks likes this.

I am not against the rich. I am against using wealth to gain unfair advantage.
    I am not against corporations. I am against corporations governing us.
    I am not against capitalism. I am against corruption in capitalism.
    I am not against banks. I am against legalised fraud in banking practices.
    I am not against democracy. I am against the sale of influence by our elected representatives.

Thanks for the review. Looks like a quality clone that you got your hands on.
    Fawks likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravape View Post
    hi Fawks
    thanks for review

how is this thing perform
    what's your impression flavor wise ?
    I'm flavor junkie hence my question
    and

why you're vaping blue ink?

thanks
    enjoy your weekend
    Haha the blue ink is krankenberry, one of my adv atm. It looks good for pictures.

It performs like any other RBA with .5 on it :P I can say its easy to use and refill, barely any leakage, none when not tipped beyond a 45 angle.
    Getting your coils on could be easier but its not difficult, just a little time consuming, once i get used to it though it shouldn't be an issue.

Flavor wise its as good as any other RBD ive tried, running at .5 ohms on everything means i have that much vapor being produced that its flavor country all day everyday

Quote Originally Posted by footwork View Post
    Thanks for the review. Looks like a quality clone that you got your hands on.
    Yeh im very happy with it, was considering getting the V2 but its money i dont need to spend (Like 90% of all vaping purchases) and i was a little hesitant that if i didnt like it it would of been a waste, after using this for a few days though im already considering it.You should do a review when you get your v2
    Last edited by Fawks; 08-03-14 at 04:43 PM.
    ultravape likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawks View Post
    You should do a review when you get your v2
    It'll be a good minute until it actually arrives :/. From what I hear, the performance of the two are pretty much the same. Even though the V2 has a (further) reduced chamber, I read that there is no difference in flavor. The only reason that I purchased the original over the clone is that I moved out of the city and am now saving tons on rent!
    Fawks likes this.