• 3 Post By Fractal
  • 1 Post By mavinry4
  • 2 Post By mavinry4
  • 3 Post By spud

Thread: BAT move into 2nd gen

AVF Regular

BAT move into 2nd gen

I was unaware that they had a 2nd gen out on the market
    margyb, Old Dog, mavinry4 and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Spoiler for those that don't want to spend 7.5 mins of their life on the video : It's pretty much a glass Aspire on an Ego Twist / Vision Spinner.

As much as I hate the cigarette companies, looks like this one has actually put together a decent starter kit in a nice box, with (presumably) a clearly written set of instructions. The hardware doesn't look proprietary (which is a surprise, particularly if that replaceable coil is cross compatible with the Aspire). It looks like a better offering than what I thought they would come out with, anyway.

Of course, it's probably astronomically priced, but at least it looks like it would do the job for the market it's aimed at.
    margyb, spud and sushiaddiction like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

Whatever you do, don't tell BAT that the click function and size/feel psychologically breaks a smoker away from the smoking ritual.

Very interesting.

Using aspire coils too. Hoorah.

Ok, BAT, you have my attention now.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 09-03-14 at 12:17 PM.
    spud likes this.

VapsofGroth and Coral Gartner both might want to look at this and have a discussion.

Using a VV and aspire in a clinical trial will have very interesting results.

Lets see if we can make this happen.
    margyb and spud like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    Whatever you do, don't tell BAT that the click function and size/feel psychologically breaks a smoker away from the smoking ritual.

Very interesting.

Using aspire coils too. Hoorah.

Ok, BAT, you have my attention now.
    The refillable clearo also allows for people to use ejuice that is different from the brand sold with the starter kit, which is another good thing. I honestly don't have a problem if BAT wants to get into producing this type of hardware, and they are putting themselves right in amongst the competition on price and product here. Wonder how this will go with the proposed new laws in the UK? It will be very difficult for them to bring in some of the measures proposed as BAT will have the money to legally challenge them, which will IMHO be a good thing for all 2nd and 3rd gen manufacturers and vendors.

Interesting
    margyb, Old Dog and mavinry4 like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    The refillable clearo also allows for people to use ejuice that is different from the brand sold with the starter kit, which is another good thing. I honestly don't have a problem if BAT wants to get into producing this type of hardware, and they are putting themselves right in amongst the competition on price and product here. Wonder how this will go with the proposed new laws in the UK? It will be very difficult for them to bring in some of the measures proposed as BAT will have the money to legally challenge them, which will IMHO be a good thing for all 2nd and 3rd gen manufacturers and vendors.

Interesting
    Well, the limit was put to 20mg/mL, unless the company pays for expensive medicinal licensing.

BAT can definitely afford medicinal approval, so those who want more than 20mg/mL will have to stick with companies like BAT for their ejuice needs.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    Well, the limit was put to 20mg/mL, unless the company pays for expensive medicinal licensing.

BAT can definitely afford medicinal approval, so those who want more than 20mg/mL will have to stick with companies like BAT for their ejuice needs.
    Not necessarily, as it would be nearly impossible to police. If BAT successfully challenged these laws in the courts it would set a precedent which could be used in further court cases, and make it much easier for smaller enterprises to challenge the law, particularly as a class action. The precedent is the key in these types of legal challenges, under the UK legal system as well as our own, (which is taken directly from the UK system).
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    Not necessarily, as it would be nearly impossible to police. If BAT successfully challenged these laws in the courts it would set a precedent which could be used in further court cases, and make it much easier for smaller enterprises to challenge the law, particularly as a class action. The precedent is the key in these types of legal challenges, under the UK legal system as well as our own, (which is taken directly from the UK system).
    But why would they challenge the laws and attempt to set a precedent, when those laws cut out 95% of their competitors?