Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Customs blocked a vamo v5.. Why?

Customs blocked a vamo v5.. Why?

My friend ordered this kit through eBay he's new to it all but jumped strate into buying his first mod after deciding his ego wasn't enough. It's a vamo v5 starter kit from a us seller after eagerly waiting he's met with a message through eBay saying that it's been stopped by customs as his parcel contains items restricted for import into Australia. What is restricted about a vamo v5 starter kit? Why would this get stopped?? Maybe they had no idea what it was?? Anyone got any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's another post on this subject which I read recently, apparently the problem is with it being bought thru' ebay, they have rules about ecig stuff, I recently had an order which included batteries and mod etc from the U.S. and it was here in 3 days , no problem, he'll get a refund but probably lose the postage price, they should have warnings on their ebay sites for Aussie buyers .. anyway, I'm sure someone else here will know more and be along soon

AVF Regular
    Does ebay have a policy on ecigs. And is the kit the only thing in the package.

I have never bought ecig gear from ebay but have purchased a heck of a lot of vaping product from different companies and never had anything stopped,

Don't really have any ideas but it sounds a bit odd

Snap Maggie
    susie canasta likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    things often get stopped, if it is somewhere like health cabin the freighter contacts hc, hc say "it's an apv containing xyz" and then it proceeds

i guess they may have contacted vendor and he doesn't know what to do?
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

The post I referred to concerned flavoured juice from the US, also bought thru' ebay, can't find it now but it was quite recent, the guy got a refund but only for the item, not the postage , you'd think the seller would know about this problem ... sometimes I wonder if it's a scam and the item wasn't even posted in the first place ... but maybe I just have a suspicious mind :shrug:

Found it ...
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else ordered this tank but this is part of the email I got from Ebay...after paying and receiving the note that it had shipped.

"We're writing to let you know that your recent purchase of Aspire Nautilus Replacement tank, Stainless Steel With Grooves through the Global Shipping Program couldn't be delivered to you because the parcel contained items that were found to be restricted for import to AU."

They issued a refund but I lost the $25 on postage.
    This also happened with a Smoktech Magneto. which I managed to get locally in the end.
    Postage lost on that too
    Contact Ebay ask them to Quote the Customs Act and or law that is Beging Broken.. , point out the PV/ecig parts without nic and even if they have nic they can be inported are not classed as restricted for import to AU , and see what they have to say about that

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    For the op it doesn't seem like an ebay restriction as it already been shipped and "Been stopped at customs" It could be a couple of issues with customs. The batteries, and they have x rayed the parcel and it looks like a hand held lazer. I am guessing its Australia customs??
    Mushman and avtek like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Sorry, not the one I meant but same problem

AVF Regular
    i bought a clearo from ebay no issue, about 8 weeks back though
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    I think it has been made very clear that buying vaping gear from e-bay is fraught with issues. Not for small things like o-rings and other bits and pieces, but definitely with juice and batteries
    Mushman and maggie like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast