Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Reo Questions.

AVF Regular

Reo Questions.

I'm strongly leaning towards making the plunge to reo, after ultimately deciding against dna30 mods etc in the end. but I have a few questions.

1/ What finish do people prefer if they have multiples? Does this effect performance in any way? I'm thinking the bare alu has the advantage of being easy to kick should I ever see a need, but something like powder coat would toghen up the finish.

2/ What atties do people use on them?

3/ Does a 6ml bottle actually get 6 useable mls? Or is there a lower limit where splodging becomes ineffective?

I think that is all I have, and not 100% decided yet, but am looking for an upgrade from my current ADV of a nemesis clone in the next month or so
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Dogman, the Reonauts will accept your membership, once you do your homework! Splodging????
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Reos are awesome and addictive .. I had the cyclone atty .. others swear by the reomizer .. the ml llower limit is up to the length of your tube and you can cut it at will ... make sure you pick up a repair kit from there as well .. not that your reo will break but it is wonderful for just maintaining your reo oif you need to

No idea about the kick I had a mech and it was fine as was.. also had a vv and it was also awesome
    DogMan likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh11 View Post
    Dogman, the Reonauts will accept your membership, once you do your homework! Splodging????
    that term seems to be fairly acceptable from reviews and stuff i've seen lol. am i missing something? "squonk" also gets a decent run

AVF Regular
    Reo = excellent device, and as RATM writes, you can custom fit the tube in the bottle to get all of the juice.
    WRT kicking, a thin strip of copper tape from the negative to the kick contact sorts out any connection issues on any finish.
    DogMan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Reos are awesome and addictive .. I had the cyclone atty .. others swear by the reomizer .. the ml llower limit is up to the length of your tube and you can cut it at will ... make sure you pick up a repair kit from there as well .. not that your reo will break but it is wonderful for just maintaining your reo oif you need to

No idea about the kick I had a mech and it was fine as was.. also had a vv and it was also awesome
    i don't kick my other mechs, but there is something f comfort knowing i could if i wanted to. i tried a kick and never found a sweet spot on the fudger

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Reo = excellent device, and as RATM writes, you can custom fit the tube in the bottle to get all of the juice.
    WRT kicking, a thin strip of copper tape from the negative to the kick contact sorts out any connection issues on any finish.
    thanks, my first mod i went latest apparently greatest feature rich vtr then regretted it. simplicity is good, but dripping atties are a/ awesome and b/ a PITA

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    that term seems to be fairly acceptable from reviews and stuff i've seen lol. am i missing something? "squonk" also gets a decent run
    Sorry bro, I've been too busy squonking to even realise that I also might of been splodging. I'll take your word for it. All I can say is keep your eye out on the classies and any other method to get your hands on one and give it a go. Its one of the best, going out all day, reliable, it just works, work horses that keeps on keeping on, about. I love the grande with 18650 batteries but many others like the minis as well. The atties senario is a whole new ball game.
    DogMan likes this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Here's how I kicked mine, it is pretty easy to do Kicking the Reo Grand lately I have just been using it without a Kick, however I am considering putting in the Kick 2 for a nice consistent 15W which is pretty much where I like to be.

It does let you use near on the full 6ml, it will get just about every last drop out of the bottle.

In regards to atties, you can use anything from a standard 510 or 306 atty or even a carto. One thing I prefer is an atty that has the airflow from the side as opposed to the bottom as you can end up with the gurgles if the atty gets its air from the bottom.

Where these setups really shine IMO is with a cotton/microcoil setup. I've used a few different RDA's, Chalice, Reomizer, A7, Cyclone and IGO-S.

The Reomizer's chrome plating came off after a while and gave me a sore throat. The A7 has a really dodgy 510 connection and caused a hard short frying my switch and melting the button, so give those ones a miss.

Bang for buck you can't go past the IGO-S, you can either buy them from Reosmods already modified for bottom feeding, or if you have a drill press, simply drill a 1mm hole through the centre post and shorten the positive screw with a dremel. (5 minite job)

The Chalice is pretty hard to come by and is also very expensive at £99. The cyclone is probably the best value higher end atty and is what I am vaping on now. I'm currently waiting on the next batch of the Del Sole Graal's to be finished as they are getting some great feedback.

Build quality on the Reo's is generally pretty good, but it does suffer from a fair bit of voltage drop and the switch and button is a bit crappy. Hopefully the sub ohm kits will be out soon, not so much for vaping sub ohm, but more for a bit more efficiency and consistency.

All in all I reckon they are a great device, really convenient and with a decent atty and good build you can't really get a better quality vape in my opinion.
    Fatman, Rynxa, MrGruffy and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Here's how I kicked mine, it is pretty easy to do Kicking the Reo Grand lately I have just been using it without a Kick, however I am considering putting in the Kick 2 for a nice consistent 15W which is pretty much where I like to be.

It does let you use near on the full 6ml, it will get just about every last drop out of the bottle.

In regards to atties, you can use anything from a standard 510 or 306 atty or even a carto. One thing I prefer is an atty that has the airflow from the side as opposed to the bottom as you can end up with the gurgles if the atty gets its air from the bottom.

Where these setups really shine IMO is with a cotton/microcoil setup. I've used a few different RDA's, Chalice, Reomizer, A7, Cyclone and IGO-S.

The Reomizer's chrome plating came off after a while and gave me a sore throat. The A7 has a really dodgy 510 connection and caused a hard short frying my switch and melting the button, so give those ones a miss.

Bang for buck you can't go past the IGO-S, you can either buy them from Reosmods already modified for bottom feeding, or if you have a drill press, simply drill a 1mm hole through the centre post and shorten the positive screw with a dremel. (5 minite job)

The Chalice is pretty hard to come by and is also very expensive at £99. The cyclone is probably the best value higher end atty and is what I am vaping on now. I'm currently waiting on the next batch of the Del Sole Graal's to be finished as they are getting some great feedback.

Build quality on the Reo's is generally pretty good, but it does suffer from a fair bit of voltage drop and the switch and button is a bit crappy. Hopefully the sub ohm kits will be out soon, not so much for vaping sub ohm, but more for a bit more efficiency and consistency.

All in all I reckon they are a great device, really convenient and with a decent atty and good build you can't really get a better quality vape in my opinion.
    Excellent comprehensive post CMB. The button prob is solved with the button cover(thanks Toddosh). I am curious and surprised by your reomizer chrome issue. Bummer. I am really hoping to get a go at a cyclone one day. Whenever I leave the house I take my Reo and Chalice, Microstick and Spheroid and EPM and Spheroid. So reliable!!!
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast