Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hana Modz & Blazar Batteries - Do they fit?

AVF Regular

Hana Modz & Blazar Batteries - Do they fit?

For those lucky enough to have a Hana v3...

Will these batteries fit? 2X Blazar Protected Panasonic NCR 18650 B 3400mAh Lithium LI ION Battery Nipple | eBay

I got some last week off SS600, and they don't fit in my eVic, just wondering whether theyll get into the Hana?

Length or width? they are protected batteries and are longer than say an aw18650

Typical dimensions with protection circuit are
    Height: 68.8 +/- 0.05 mm
    Width: 18.65 +/- 0.05 mm

From Supersports page on Ebay
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

AVF Regular
    Width.

They're exactly the same length as my other 18650, just a tad wider - maybe 2mm or so

Honestly, i could probably force it into the eVic, but id definitely damage the outer shell and probably never get it out again

If your willing you can peel the outer skin off, inside that you'll find a thin strip of metal that runs from top to bottom, that can be removed along with the protection module that is very lightly welded to the bottom and top.
    What you have left is a standard 18650 battery without the protection circuit and skinnier as well, there is a protective covering still left on the battery, I know this because I had a similar problem and did the same to my batteries,
    And they will still work and fit properly, plus you have protection built into your eVic, and finally, they will fit into the Hana as well

AVF Regular
    Id prefer to buy a non protected battery than rip the protection off lol

Why does he not sell a 3400 non-protected...?

From the item description it says its exactly the same internals as one of the other Panasonics which is a lower mAh
    EDIT: The above information is wrong... It's late and i'm tired!
    Last edited by Nasha; 16-03-14 at 01:48 AM.

Send him a message, or call him, ask him to recommend a battery for you, he's a regular to this forum and won't do you wrong

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dvietrod View Post
    Send him a message, or call him, ask him to recommend a battery for you, he's a regular to this forum and won't do you wrong
    Already have (messaged) Had a good chat with him when i brought my nic kit too, great bloke

Anyways, guess its a wait and see, and i'll go off his recommendation for something "skinnier"

He does sell non protected 3400mAh batteries, look for the pana NCR18650B (green ones)

For your blazars, if you don't want to ruin them, either use them for a good compact bright torch, or they do fit into mech mods from sigelei, also the astro clone from FT.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    He does sell non protected 3400mAh batteries, look for the pana NCR18650B (green ones)

For your blazars, if you don't want to ruin them, either use them for a good compact bright torch, or they do fit into mech mods from sigelei, also the astro clone from FT.
    I did realise that... After i said it

Got a nemesis clone on the way from FT, so with a bit of luck ill use them in that. If not, i'll PIF them to Dad for his lasers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast